Anaktuvuk Pass/gates of the Arctic flight

JP-Cruise

Hello, I am booked on a princess connossiour tour SB8. 15 day tour. And I have reading about the gates of the Arctic/Anaktuvuk pass plane ride. Unfortunately due to my itinerary I will not be able to do this during my first lodge stay in Fairbanks. But wondering if I can do it when I am at the Denali princess wilderness lodge. Has anybody done this particular tour while on a princess cruise tour?

From what i can see, that flight departs Fairbanks at 9am, so the trick will be getting from denali to fai by 9am, which is about 2 1/2 hrs away, then back to Denali.

It might be easier to do the flight while in Fai, then catch up with the cruisetour in denali....then you only have to find transportation for 1 direction..

If your cruisetour starts in Fai, what would the airline chg to change your flight to arrive 1 day earlier?

http://www.warbelows.com/anaktuvuk-pass/

http://www.northernalaska.com/anaktuvuk-pass/

Edited by mapleleaves

From what i can see, that flight departs Fairbanks at 9am, so the trick will be getting from denali to fai by 9am, which is about 2 1/2 hrs away, then back to Denali.

It might be easier to do the flight while in Fai, then catch up with the cruisetour in denali....then you only have to find transportation for 1 direction..

If your cruisetour starts in Fai, what would the airline chg to change your flight to arrive 1 day earlier?

http://www.warbelows.com/anaktuvuk-pass/

http://www.northernalaska.com/anaktuvuk-pass/

Good points. I thought of this also,arriving in Fairbanks a day earlier. Then I would have to get a hotel for one night right?

I have flown up there, and it's my top choice for scenery. I book directly and go there on scheduled flights. No it is not doable from Denali-

Absolutely add all the days you can, you see very little of Fairbanks without a car and on a cruise tour. You may want to also consider getting up to Prudhoe which is also excellent, I've done that 4 times. The fly/road combo of Coldfoot andWiseman is also a top choice for me.

I have flown up there, and it's my top choice for scenery. I book directly and go there on scheduled flights. No it is not doable from Denali-

Absolutely add all the days you can, you see very little of Fairbanks without a car and on a cruise tour. You may want to also consider getting up to Prudhoe which is also excellent, I've done that 4 times. The fly/road combo of Coldfoot andWiseman is also a top choice for me.

I really really want to see Anaktuvuk Pass now! Budget Queen help me plan it lol. So my cruise tour starts on the 27 at the Fairbanks riverside lodge. So what would I do, fly in on the 25th and do the Anaktuvuk flight tour on the 26? Any ideas anyone?

I really really want to see Anaktuvuk Pass now! Budget Queen help me plan it lol. So my cruise tour starts on the 27 at the Fairbanks riverside lodge. So what would I do, fly in on the 25th and do the Anaktuvuk flight tour on the 26? Any ideas anyone?

that would work, but'll repeat :) add all the days you can. Verify the schedule- and I'd suggest having an extra day in case of cancellations.

that would work, but'll repeat :) add all the days you can. Verify the schedule- and I'd suggest having an extra day in case of cancellations.

It's the Connossiour SB8 cruise tour with princess. 15 days.

Arrive in Fairbanks river side lodge

July 27

July 28 - welcome breakfast

Gold dredge 8/river boat cruise

July 29 - transfer from Fairbanks to princess Denali lodge

So see I won't be able to do the Arctic flight on the 28 unless they will allow me to and cancel the gold dredge 8 thing and river boat cruise? But something tells me I'll regret this decision. My only option it looks like is to fly in on the 25