Arctic Circle air adventure with Princess Cruise

JP-Cruise

It is a mistake to consider this tour anyway. Unless, the tour specifically states you go to the "sign" you do not.

IF you want to see the sign then my only suggestion is to do the fly/road combo tour. Book direct with Northern Alaska tours. This tour is superb. http://www.northernalaska.com/arctic-circle-fly-drive/

It is a mistake to consider this tour anyway. Unless, the tour specifically states you go to the "sign" you do not.

IF you want to see the sign then my only suggestion is to do the fly/road combo tour. Book direct with Northern Alaska tours. This tour is superb. http://www.northernalaska.com/arctic-circle-fly-drive/

Thanks Budget Queen. Since my cruise tour starts on the July 27th and won't have time to do this on this day I am thinking about flying into Fairbanks on the 25th

I've driven to the Arctic Circle sign and don't recall seeing a landing strip nearby.....

You can always call Warbelows if you have questions about the route/itinerary.

Did you check with the airline to see IF you can move your travel date ? and what it would cost?

Maybe you could save this excursion for your NEXT visit to Alaska! Next time you'll feel more comfortable and can go DIY to spend more time on the land portion.

I've driven to the Arctic Circle sign and don't recall seeing a landing strip nearby.....

You can always call Warbelows if you have questions about the route/itinerary.

Did you check with the airline to see IF you can move your travel date ? and what it would cost?

Maybe you could save this excursion for your NEXT visit to Alaska! Next time you'll feel more comfortable and can go DIY to spend more time on the land portion.

No I haven't called the airline yet. It's way too early. But I am strongly considering flying in on the 25th and actually doing the gates of the Arctic/Anaktuvuk Pass flight. Because it includes a visit to the native Eskimo Villiage. That seems like it would be an amazing experience. To learn about how they live up there :). I would choose to stay one night in one of the hotels like 1km away from the Fairbanks airport. But they don't have dates available yet for July 2018

oh, I thought it was for this yr ! Yes you have plenty of time to mull over the options.

I heard about that flight and a couple of others while I was RV'g in Fairbanks one yr. I was chatting with a woman at the campground laundry and she told me about the Anaktuvuk flight .... she had done it twice and said it was definitely a highlight. The other flight she takes is the maildrop flight where you fly into several remote villages dropping off the mail. Both of them sounded like interesting experiences but especially Anaktuvuk. My little drive to the Arctic Circle sign sounded pretty lame in comparison to their adventures.