What is the appropriate amount to tip for room service?

parksguy99

Hansi,

When I took all that liquor to your cabin. You didn't give me a $1.00 tip. :mad: :D.

Your pool pal,

Tony

Soory about that Tony. Please deduct it from your share of the pool rent in January. And it's ok now, I don't drink alcohol now:loudcry:

Soory about that Tony. Please deduct it from your share of the pool rent in January. And it's ok now, I don't drink alcohol now:loudcry:

Ed,

I love it. Your the best :). If you stoped drinking alcohol. How is Margaret putting up with you? hahaha.

Tony

• 2 weeks later...
Porters, or baggage handlers, are distinct from longshoremen. Longshoremen, usually ILA members, handle cargo loading/unloading. They may make big bucks because many handle the big cranes and other machinery.

Porters at Port Everglades have an average salary of 23k. So, like a waitress, they are dependent on tips to supplement their income. They are not employed by the cruise lines

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Are you sure of that? We have a friend who is fairly high up in the ILA, and every porter we have asked in all ports recognizes his name as big part of their union.

We order at least tea in the room the first morning. We drink only the specialty coffees, not the regular stuff...but having hot tea to relax with is nice. We don't just stash mugs from the buffet, we hide the carafe and refill it at the buffet as needed throughout the cruise.

How do you find a carafe that doesn't have a coffee smell embedded in it? I'd love a carafe of freshly brewed tea in my cabin, but every time I've ordered hot water the coffee smell is so strong that I pour it down the drain and head to the IC for my tea. Well, actually I'm lucky enough that DH heads to the IC for me!