Change S&S account at check in?

Woodfaerie

I have always set up my S&S account with a credit card in advance never having the reason to change things when I check in. Since I do all the "paperwork" from my fellow cabin mates, I have a question regarding one of them.

Am I correct in understanding that when we check in, we can change how our S$S account was set up?

She is set up with a cash account but feels she MIGHT want to set up with a credit card due to some potential financial changes. I am pretty sure that there would be no issue to go from cash account to credit account but wanted to throw it out there to anyone with experience or knowledge in that, thank you.

Of course!! You can always change how you set up your S&S account during check-in at the terminal! It's quick and any of the agents would gladly help you.

However, here isa tip: Do it online and save the time waiting at check-in.

Carnival's new check-in procedure at Port of Miami is as follows; If you have completed your check-in online and set up your account online with a credit card, all you do when you get to the terminal is wait for your boarding zone number to be called. Your S&S keys will be placed in the mailbox outside of your stateroom as soon as your room is ready.

For a cash account, is the cash paid at the check in or does she need to tend to that once on board?

Depends. If it's Traditional check in, then at most ports you can do it at the port where you pick up your S&S card.

If the cards are in the mailboxes, then there will be a separate line after the one you check in at before security to give them cash. I always do a cash account and avoid that step by adding $200 worth of General Cruise Cash beforehand. I know I'm not going to spend more than that, so no other trips are needed. Or she can go to a kiosk or GS.