5-Night Pacific Coastal

djhsolara

If the OBC does not exist, how is it that they can give it to us prior to boarding? This is not OBC associated with this specific reservation, it is OBC that was given to us as compensation for mistakes from a previous cruise...so yes, it is hanging somewhere out there in our profiles waiting for us to use it.

Question though...you say you reserve via credit card and then have it refunded back to your account. Do they refund back to the credit card or refund to your onboard account?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

All the times we have pre-booked specialty restaurants -- we get the Loyalty discount once we are on the ship in the form of Shipboard Credit. It does not go back to my credit card unless I have not used up all the shipboard credit given to us by anyone else other than from HAL.

If the OBC does not exist, how is it that they can give it to us prior to boarding? This is not OBC associated with this specific reservation, it is OBC that was given to us as compensation for mistakes from a previous cruise...so yes, it is hanging somewhere out there in our profiles waiting for us to use it.

Question though...you say you reserve via credit card and then have it refunded back to your account. Do they refund back to the credit card or refund to your onboard account?

Refunded to our on board account and then back to the credit card at the end of the cruise, assuming that there is a credit balance on our account. If you want to use OBC for your dining reservation, you can always wait until you are on the ship. We prefer to plan everything out before we leave which is why we book the way we do.

I was only half kidding about the OBC. From an accounting perspective, the OBC gets placed on your account when you board. You can can see it on your folio. If you were a no show for your cruise, the OBC would not show up on your account. I realize that Celebrity may have recently changed the way they handle OBC, but they seem to be the exception.

Refunded to our on board account and then back to the credit card at the end of the cruise, assuming that there is a credit balance on our account. If you want to use OBC for your dining reservation, you can always wait until you are on the ship. We prefer to plan everything out before we leave which is why we book the way we do.

I was only half kidding about the OBC. From an accounting perspective, the OBC gets placed on your account when you board. You can can see it on your folio. If you were a no show for your cruise, the OBC would not show up on your account. I realize that Celebrity may have recently changed the way they handle OBC, but they seem to be the exception.

We prefer to pre-plan as well. Thanks for the info.

If we were a no-show, our OBC will be sitting there waiting for us for the next cruise.

We sailed with Celebrity for the first time in May on an Alaska cruise tour. We booked and paid for excursions prior to sailing with OBC. We are 3 star mariners, but after the next two cruises booked with HAL we just might switch loyalties as the perks we received with Celebrity were very generous compared with HAL.

We're sailing from Vancouver to San Diego, so not really concerned about how many get off in San Diego to make things available.

Bottom line...we'll have a great trip no matter what. We're going to be on our favorite HAL ship and will enjoy it completely. We'll see what actually happens regarding the spa, etc because this may determine if we'll ever do a segment cruise again.

Ok, so in reverse of what we did. There will be a lot boarding in San Diego (at least, there usually are) so there should hopefully, be availaiblity for you.(yn)