Has anyone tried Amazon Alexa on Celebrity, specifically Summit

goldsmip115

i leave next Sunday in the Penthouse Suite. Maybe the wireless signal is stronger there? We have unlimited internet access. It would be great to have Alexa with us for our favorite music, news, etc. Has anyone done this and successfully paired Alexa to the internet. We have been able to do so at home from our wireless internet.

I would greatly appreciate your responses. Thanks.

I took Alexa with me on one land based vacation and was able to easily pair my iPad with my Echo Dot. I found that

I rarely used it, so from now on it stays home. I don't see any problems pairing it at sea if you have a good internet connection.

i leave next Sunday in the Penthouse Suite. Maybe the wireless signal is stronger there? We have unlimited internet access. It would be great to have Alexa with us for our favorite music, news, etc. Has anyone done this and successfully paired Alexa to the internet. We have been able to do so at home from our wireless internet.

I would greatly appreciate your responses. Thanks.

Enjoy the PH, we loved the deck space! If you have any problems setting anything up just speak to the butler...if he can't sort it he will know someone who can!

I don't have an Alexa so I don't know how it accesses the internet or if you can pair it without internet access. I will warn you about an experience I had however. I purchased a camera (nicer than a point and shoot) for a land trip that had the ability to connect to wifi to upload photos to the cloud and/or to my phone. I found I couldn't use it most places. It had a basic wifi interface where you chose the network and put the password in to connect. The problem is that if you are on a more sophisticated system where you need to put in a room number or go to a browser to finish the connection (and this is how cruise ship systems operate), the camera didn't have the ability to do that. So it wasn't able to connect. just something to keep in mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We've been in the PH on nearly every Celebrity ship and the wifi isn't stronger there. The Alexa could connect, BUT, every time the signal got weak, it disconnected Alexa. For me, it wasn't worth the hassle because Alexa just kept saying "I cannot connect to the internet".