Princess Star Embarkation Day Lunch - where?

rgmacm

Which dining room serves the embarkation day lunch on the Star? I've found that when you get on board and try to ask this question, chances are you won't get an answer (other than "Horizon Court buffet"... ;p)

I'd like to just have this information before boarding so I don't have to check them all..... ;)

As long as it's a "true" embarkation day (not just taking on more passengers) one dining room will be open. Go directly to your cabin and check the back page of the Patter. It should be listed there.

With the advent of Club Class, it's gotten more predictable, so it's most likely deck 6/midship for both CC and regular MDR embarkation lunch. That said, it's relatively simple:

Step 1: look for human beings sitting at tables in the windows, deck 6 midship and deck 5 midship, as you make your way to the ship. I bet you'll see them on deck 6 and not on deck 5.

Step 2: ask the elevator crew a very specific question: "which dining room is open for lunch today?" - if you ask the question, they're expected to answer you, though they'll still steer you towards the buffet.

Step 3: when you get to your cabin, check the Patter, back page, for the dining schedule. Look at the Da Vinci entry first, as that's likely the one, but just scan the times for 12:00-1:30 lunch and see what's on the left.

Step 4: assuming it's Da Vinci, make sure you go to the regular Da Vinci entryway on the port side of the ship. If you go to the starboard side, that's the Club Class entrance, and they will turn you away unless you're in an M1 or S* cabin.

With the advent of Club Class, it's gotten more predictable, so it's most likely deck 6/midship for both CC and regular MDR embarkation lunch. That said, it's relatively simple:

Step 1: look for human beings sitting at tables in the windows, deck 6 midship and deck 5 midship, as you make your way to the ship. I bet you'll see them on deck 6 and not on deck 5.[/quote]

I think one would have to be Tony's rowboat sitting on a phonebook to accomplish this. :confused:

Step 1: look for human beings sitting at tables in the windows, deck 6 midship and deck 5 midship, as you make your way to the ship. I bet you'll see them on deck 6 and not on deck 5.[/quote]

I think one would have to be Tony's rowboat sitting on a phonebook to accomplish this. :confused:

How do you plan to board the ship? I plan to go into the cruise terminal, do all of my paperwork, then follow the lines outside to a set of snaking ramps that allow you get from terminal level to Deck 7. While you're walking those ramps, you're staring at the ship, thinking to yourself "the only thing between me and vacation is this stinking ramp", but meanwhile you can easily be staring at the ship and checking out the dining rooms.

In fact, I actually got a photo of the view a couple years ago. It'll look something like this (taken in Vancouver): Alaska Sampler-104