Disembarkation from Oasis of the Seas

Hi All ... I just booked a cruise on the Oasis of the Seas. First time for me on a mega ship and a long time since I've sailed RC and I am wondering if you can share with me the disembarkation process in Port Canaveral from the Oasis so that I can plan my return flight. Does RC assign color luggage tags with assigned times to disembark and what would be the worst possible scenario for the latest time I could expect to disembark in Port Canaveral. Thank you in advance for your help and hope you have a great day. Maryjo

Hi All ... I just booked a cruise on the Oasis of the Seas. First time for me on a mega ship and a long time since I've sailed RC and I am wondering if you can share with me the disembarkation process in Port Canaveral from the Oasis so that I can plan my return flight. Does RC assign color luggage tags with assigned times to disembark and what would be the worst possible scenario for the latest time I could expect to disembark in Port Canaveral. Thank you in advance for your help and hope you have a great day. Maryjo

Yes, Royal does assign luggage tags for disembarking. If self disembarking, that will start as soon as the ship is cleared. Normal disembarkation starts about 7:30/7:45 - I thought I still had the luggage tag list however, I can not find it. I think the latest time was around 10:00.

Also remember, the Orlando airport is about an hour drive from Port Canaveral.

Total departure time depends on the number of agents checking passports. We tried early walk off, stood in line about an hour just to get off Oasis. Then wound around within the ropes to get access to an agent. Just as we got cleared, two more agents arrived.

At best, plan an hour from the time you first line up to clear customs. Another hour to get to Orlando airport.

If you book a ship transfer, you may be able to cut lines and move ahead as a group (similar to suite guests). Don't have any experience there.

We just got off Saturday and our experience was great. In group 32 (of 75) with depart time of 9:30. We were called at 8:55, walked right off the ship, and were in our car pulling out of the garage at 9:35.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums