Babysitting for under 1 year old?

At what age can you utilize the group babysitting service on Freedom of the Seas? It looks like the in room babysitting is $19/hr, but is only for age 1 and above - is that correct? Will they take younger babies for the group babysitting? My son will be 11.5 months on sailing.

If they do take him, what's the price and how many hours can we sign him up for initially? What times tend to be available? (Is it limited to only certain times of day?)

Thanks!

The nursery takes babies from 6 months up. They are all youth staff and have additional nursery training. I think it's around $8 per hour. Depending on how many babies onboard they might limit the hours you can pre-book (15-20). However, it used to be that on the day of, it is first come, first served with remainding hours.

Not sure on opening hours, but i think they close at midnight.

With in room babysitters it will not be the youth staff doing it, but housekeeping, bar staff or dining staff. There will be two people, even if it is only one child.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At what age can you utilize the group babysitting service on Freedom of the Seas? It looks like the in room babysitting is $19/hr, but is only for age 1 and above - is that correct? Will they take younger babies for the group babysitting? My son will be 11.5 months on sailing.

If they do take him, what's the price and how many hours can we sign him up for initially? What times tend to be available? (Is it limited to only certain times of day?)

Thanks!

We used the nursery when we took our 7 month old on his first cruise. Nursery staff was AMAZING... of course we were timid about the thought of leaving our son there but as soon as we met the staff and saw the facility we were worry free. It was $8 an hour pro rated to the the closest quarter hour. They give you a cell phone in case they need to reach you at any point. Our son will be going on his 4th cruise in October and his 5th in March 2018 (he is now 2 years old) and we utilize the nursery every time.

Make sure the RCI ship you're cruising on specifically offers the "Royal Babies & Tots Nursery"...Yes Freedom is one that does.....We've used the nursery and found it to be wonderful for our under age 3 grandkids...$6.00 per hour during the day and $8.00 per hour at night. We've now moved on to the Adventure Ocean 3-5 year old group...Just an amazing program and staff RCI provides.