How Well Does MSC Do in South America?

OceansOfTravels

I am checking out MSC's website and trying to see what their deployment in South America is, and I see that the Musica, Poesia, Preziosa, and Magnifica are all based in either Brazil or Argentina for (North American) winter 2017/18. However, when I look to see what the winter 2018/19 deployment is, I cannot find a single ship in South America. What happened? I know the Brazilian economy is in a recession at the moment, but their tourism rates are still very, very high, why is MSC pulling out 4 ships from the region?

I am checking out MSC's website and trying to see what their deployment in South America is, and I see that the Musica, Poesia, Preziosa, and Magnifica are all based in either Brazil or Argentina for (North American) winter 2017/18. However, when I look to see what the winter 2018/19 deployment is, I cannot find a single ship in South America. What happened? I know the Brazilian economy is in a recession at the moment, but their tourism rates are still very, very high, why is MSC pulling out 4 ships from the region?

I was told by several workers that the Brazilians are very rowdy and destroy the ship and they had a lot of bad experiences in that area.

I was told by several workers that the Brazilians are very rowdy and destroy the ship and they had a lot of bad experiences in that area.

I doubt that would make them pull 4 ships out, money is money and if they fill the ship in Brazil, they would keep it there. It would be one thing if they had 1 ship, but when you have 4, it just seems so weird that they'd pull the plug on all 4. I know Brazil's economy hasn't been doing so hot in the past year, but their international tourism has never been so high, and Brazilians are still traveling, maybe just not as frequently. So I could see them cutting one or two ships. But all 4 seems weird

I guess the timetables are not loaded yet.

I can see they are sending their newest ship - MSC Seaview to South America as the repositioning cruise is on sale already. I didn't check any other ships.

You're likely correct, I just looked it up and I found the cruise as well. Seaview's schedule stops after that cruise departs, so hopefully the schedule will load sometime soon for bookings. Thank you!