Evening Menswear ?

FiggyWig

Ok fellow cruisers...yes I know the answers are already here but I'm searching on my mobile and trying (without luck) and need to get some answers in a hurry. I know how you all like to comment so here goes...

Despite my instance about what DH can or can't wear he wants some reassurances...

So smart jeans = yes; smart trousers = yes; polo shirts = yes; button down shirts = yes; short & long sleeve = yes.

So people..HELP..please tell him.. any suggested images out there.

Thanks ..as always.!

You are correct.

Our last celebrity cruise hubby wore his DJ on two of the chic nights but on the last wore dress trousers and open necked shirt but felt underdressed. Our next celebrity cruise in four weeks is from LA and he's still taking his DJ, I just hope he doesn't feel overdressed this time! :')

Well, put him in a kilt, then he won't feel under dressed!;) Looks like you are sailing the Infinity the week before us! Have not decided if the kilt's going yet?? Cause chicks dig kilts:D

12112470_10204003878652152_8659039733022645961_n.jpg?oh=29f26f84b4d0f0c9ec8ebf375eb7de2b&oe=5A1CC0D3

We used to check bags when cruising, but the advent of checked bag fees on airlines made us reconsider. Then I determined that I didn't care for the times I was basically threatened by the workers who load the bags on to the ship into tipping them ("I just wanted to remind you that I am the last person that is going to touch your bag and make sure it gets on to the ship, so if you want to make sure your bag gets on, just keep in mind that I am the person that is going to make that happen..."). Then the worrying about if the bag is going to make it to my room and that no one will take it. Then the last night having to put the bags outside the room and hoping no one takes them.

But above all, determining that we didn't need or wear half the stuff we packed. Now, we go carry on only, and with the decreased size in bags, there simply isn't room for a suit anymore. On "Evening Chic" nights I wore a dress shirt and dress slacks. All other nights I wore a short sleeve polo and dockers.

I guess everyone's tastes and style is different... even if someone showed up in T-shirt and shorts and a hat and were let in... I guess I don't care all that much. Somewhere on these boards there was a link to a FAQ from Celebrity explaining more about Evening Chic and one of the comments/questions on the FAQ was something like "but OMG I'm going to dress all elegant and I just hate it when the guy at the next table looks like a slob, it just ruins my experience" and the answer was something like "that's the whole point, wear whatever you like, you shouldn't care what others are wearing". Wish I could find that again.

For me, I've never understood exactly what "dress" or "smart" jeans or "dress" shorts are. Jeans that don't have holes in them? Shorts that aren't athletic shorts? I personally wouldn't wear either to dinner, my thought is if I wouldn't wear it to work in a professional setting, I wouldn't wear it to dinner on a cruise ship. But I get that everyone is different, it doesn't bother me when I see people in jeans because that's what they are comfortable with.

Where I draw the line is shirtless men in the buffet. I didn't see any on my recent X cruise, but I have seen them at numerous times on other lines, and was surprised that no crew member turned them away.