Caribbean ports - wine?

Dixiebelle13

Putting aside the recent post about P&O's alcohol policy, does anybody know if it's possible to purchase wine in most of the Caribbean ports? We're doing a fly cruise in Jan 2018 (starting in Barbados) and we do like a glass while getting ready on an evening. I'm debating whether to take a box with me (or a bag as I've seen in our local supermarket - lighter!) but if I can buy a bottle for a reasonable price at the ports I won't bother... :wine-glass:

Putting aside the recent post about P&O's alcohol policy, does anybody know if it's possible to purchase wine in most of the Caribbean ports? We're doing a fly cruise in Jan 2018 (starting in Barbados) and we do like a glass while getting ready on an evening. I'm debating whether to take a box with me (or a bag as I've seen in our local supermarket - lighter!) but if I can buy a bottle for a reasonable price at the ports I won't bother... :wine-glass:

Lots of duty free shops (sic) in Barbados, and in most of the ports you will visit, we found that St Maartin had the best prices and lots of labels you would recognise.

We've never bought wine in the Caribbean ports. The prices on board are so reasonable, we have never felt the need. You could always purchase a bottle through room service; keep it nice and chilled in the fridge and have your pre-dinner tipple that way.

We've never bought wine in the Caribbean ports. The prices on board are so reasonable, we have never felt the need. You could always purchase a bottle through room service; keep it nice and chilled in the fridge and have your pre-dinner tipple that way.

£15 for room service house wine or buy a quality bottle of the local stuff for less than half of that, help the local economy in the process, stick it in your fridge and keep it nice and chilled...or not if its a decent claret.

Thanks all - and good idea about picking some up at the airport. £15 isn't bad but as others have mentioned it's still twice the price of buying on shore. I'd guessed choice might be limited in the Caribbean though so I might pack everything first and if I have some spare room/weight! I'm not a wine connoisseur (or I wouldn't be talking about bringing a bag lol) but I only like dry wines and if it's all sweet stuff I'll be snookered :-)