Alaska Air Times

I'm sure this has been discussed many times. I have also done searches but guess I haven't asked the search correctly.

Trying to arrange airfare for a group of people. In flying out of Vancouver, you have to go thru customs when the ship docks after the cruise, correct? Can you carry off your luggage and get off as early as possible, which might be what time if ship docks at 7:00 a.m.? It seems the earlier the flight the more expensive it is.

Be very careful in Vancouver. We tend to think that since it is Canada, it is not an international flight. On international flights, you should arrive at the airport three hours prior to flight time not two. Once you get off the ship, you have to collect your luggage and go through Canadian customs. It is a single file line for a cab. If there are three ships in port, it will be a zoo.The Vancouver airport is across town from the cruise port. It is about a 30 minute cab ride. Once you get to the airport, you have to check your luggage and then there are three lines before you board. First line is to check your documents. Second line is security screening. Third line is customs. Then it can be a long walk to your plane. Please allow plenty of time.

Be very careful in Vancouver. We tend to think that since it is Canada, it is not an international flight. On international flights, you should arrive at the airport three hours prior to flight time not two. Once you get off the ship, you have to collect your luggage and go through Canadian customs. It is a single file line for a cab. If there are three ships in port, it will be a zoo.The Vancouver airport is across town from the cruise port. It is about a 30 minute cab ride. Once you get to the airport, you have to check your luggage and then there are three lines before you board. First line is to check your documents. Second line is security screening. Third line is customs. Then it can be a long walk to your plane. Please allow plenty of time.

I'm guessing this for the Canada Place Cruise Port? Did you see a separate line for Nexus/Global Entry at the cruise port?

We are only flying in Canada and have an 11:30 so we should have enough time. We are fortunate enough to be flying business so our lines at the airport will be short. The taxi line sounds like the only bump and that will depend on how many ships are in port.

I'm sure this has been discussed many times. I have also done searches but guess I haven't asked the search correctly.

Trying to arrange airfare for a group of people. In flying out of Vancouver, you have to go thru customs when the ship docks after the cruise, correct? Can you carry off your luggage and get off as early as possible, which might be what time if ship docks at 7:00 a.m.? It seems the earlier the flight the more expensive it is.

Yes, you will have to go through Customs.

I would not recommend anything any earlier than 12pm.

There will likely be very very long lines (customs) at the Vancouver airport.

No need to add crazy stress to your amazing vacation.

Even with a 12pm flight, you are still going to have to get off of the ship early.

I The taxi line sounds like the only bump and that will depend on how many ships are in port.

Another bump could be multiple hundreds of people waiting in the customs line. I have seen this on several occasions.

Just think about (only) 2 cruise ships disembarking that morning.

And how many of those passengers are US citizens.

And how many are heading home after disembarking?