Travelling NCL with service dog

nfldpenguin

I'm looking to connect and chat with someone who is experienced in travelling NCL with their service dog. I know there is a thread about service dogs but it's several years long and I'm finding it difficult to dig through it to find specifically what I'm looking for. The ports I'll be going to are San Juan, St. Thomas, Tortola, Philipsburg, St. John's, Basseterre. Hoping to find out more info about these ports and more about what's needed to bring my dog off ship at these ports (or maybe just some of them). And yes I have contacted guest services who just gave me another website that really hasn't helped either.

I think you will have much better results if you post this same question on the Disabled Cruise Travel Forum (start a new thread, not a post in the very long old thread) as it will be seen by people who have cruised on other cruise lines and are familiar with the individual port requirements. Good luck and happy cruising!

I highly recommend joining the service dog thread on the Disabled Board. I also wanted to share a document that I compiled for the users of that particular board: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/100C66WqYHiUSo3A5s6UdqgitMPHBlhY5Bn1IrgmAsco/edit?usp=sharing

This does not go into specific details for the cruiselines but it does have the port entry requirements for most of the world and where to look for other information. Good luck!

• 4 months later...

We just cruised on the RCCL Harmony of the Seas in September 2017, with our DAD service dog BKKA (becca) and RCCL could not have been more accommodating. They went 'above and beyond' to make sure that EVERY aspect/request was fulfilled. They even provided 'fresh/real grass' in the potty area. We had all the necessary paperwork that was needed to 'disembark' the ship at each port, but only chose disembark at the 'RCCL owned property/island Labadee. Even though you might have all the 'papers' need to disembark at a port, ALWAYS be aware that your entering into a country that might not have any guidelines for 'their' animals. BEWARE of 'stray' animals! ALWAYS have proper foot protection for your service dog, on and off the ship, and HYDRATE!

pottty.jpg.7ef7c8ab84bf0617451b5be3ef100ff1.jpg

pottyy.jpg.10faf909ed1679c6dfb6a43e6d716579.jpg

potty.jpg.b853543ef0a8a5ad986dc72599bd01d4.jpg

• 1 month later...

Following. This year will be the first time that we cruise with my daughter's service dog. We are going on Carnival but we have heard so many good things about NCL and RCCL that we are lookking at those cruise lines for next year. We are hoping for a good first time 3 day cruise.