Boarding time in Southampton

ade1982

Hi all,

First time MSC cruiser. We are leaving from City Cruise terminal in Southampton, but it leaves at 6pm.

Via status match, I am Gold and my GF is Black.

At what time can we board?

When we have been with RCI, the suggested embarkation time is very flexible, and they don't turn you away.

We are on Deck 13 if it makes a difference.

Many thanks in advance

Not a seperate line as such, but black card holders receive priority boarding as a perk - your luggage tags will show the status, it's a good idea to take a screen print of the voyagers club area of the website too showing the status, just in case. It's irrespective of cabin grade :) We've always boarded earlier than the time on the tickets with MSC, one of the good things about people getting on and off at most ports is that it reduces the queues

So there is a separate line for Black cards? Thanks this is the first I have heard of this. Is this irrespective of the grade of cabin you have booked?

There is a priority line for Black Card holders, Aurea bookings and wheelchair users - generally speaking. When on that line, each time a desk becomes free, those from that line are directed to the desk ahead of the regular line. Yacht Club bookings have a separate desk assigned.

Thanks Bea - I've only just got to black so never noticed the ins and outs of it :)

Yes ................... you need to show a crew member proof in the terminal so that they give you a priority boarding card instead of a number. Your clubcard level should be indicated on your embarkation tickets. We had problems once before in Venice when the crew member wouldn't accept my black card from a previous cruise (which had become the "new" membership card when Voyagers Club was introduced) as proof that I was, indeed, a Black Card member and the level wasn't indicated on our tickets. Apparently, our cabin number wasn't on his list for priority boarding. As a result, I always get my tickets reissued if this level isn't showing on them.

Yes ................... you need to show a crew member proof in the terminal so that they give you a priority boarding card instead of a number. Your clubcard level should be indicated on your embarkation tickets. We had problems once before in Venice when the crew member wouldn't accept my black card from a previous cruise (which had become the "new" membership card when Voyagers Club was introduced) as proof that I was, indeed, a Black Card member and the level wasn't indicated on our tickets. Apparently, our cabin number wasn't on his list for priority boarding. As a result, I always get my tickets reissued if this level isn't showing on them.

Worth knowing, we've never really queued but its worth having in the back pocket just in case. We just turn up and we've never had a problem boarding, think we were on by 11am once and nearly always in time for lunch although for some reason they stop you using the restaurant on the first day and you have to go to the buffet

Worth knowing, we've never really queued but its worth having in the back pocket just in case. We just turn up and we've never had a problem boarding, think we were on by 11am once and nearly always in time for lunch although for some reason they stop you using the restaurant on the first day and you have to go to the buffet

Just wait until the next time we go from Venice - we'll defiitely need it then!!

.... think we were on by 11am once and nearly always in time for lunch although for some reason they stop you using the restaurant on the first day and you have to go to the buffet

We're usually onboard by lunchtime, too. We head for the MDR for lunch - they can't always tell that you've just boarded when your cruise picks up passengers at different ports - you've got handluggage, that is! Of course, not having a cruisecard is a giveaway, now that they're only available in your cabin which is usually not accessible 'til after lunch!

We give the porters all our bags at the terminal and just carry on our valuables in one shoulder bag. If we're stopped at the entrance, I seek out the m'D and explain that we're regular MSC cruisers and always have embarkation lunch in the MDR. We're always accommodated.

Having said that, I don't imagine the buffet is busy if you get onboard early - we've just never had to find out!

Might have to try being more assertive then Bea - I showed them our gold cards last time and said we're regulars etc but he still wouldn't let us in lol didn't matter too much as we had another 18 days on that one, but on a 7 night cruise we like to take every opportunity... We're not usually buffet people

Might have to try being more assertive then Bea - I showed them our gold cards last time and said we're regulars etc but he still wouldn't let us in lol didn't matter too much as we had another 18 days on that one, but on a 7 night cruise we like to take every opportunity... We're not usually buffet people [/quote]

Same here! It must be my endearing smile! :) :rolleyes:

(Can't figure why the quote function isn't working - the brackets are in place :confused: )