London Advice

TNCruzer56

Sure that this will get moved, but few look at the ports section and thought that while it`s here some may benefit Greatly.

Tip for all going to London-Get your London Pass and Oyster Card sent to you at home. Its a PIA to collect it in London and you waste valuable time (For us it was about 3/4 of one day!). The Oyster card works like a dream!!! The LP is a toss up on value, but great skipping the lines!

As a Londoner I would advise buying in advance online given the opportunity. I don't understand how/why it would take three-quarters of a day to collect in London, but there can be queues at the main stations, and it would save a bit of time.

You will be able to take the Oyster card home and keep it for your next trip.

Our friends from the US visited this year, and had great difficulty in using their non-chip and pin cards in ATM machines in the UK, France and Italy, but were able to sign for purchases in shops and restaurants.

Sure that this will get moved, but few look at the ports section and thought that while it`s here some may benefit Greatly.

Tip for all going to London-Get your London Pass and Oyster Card sent to you at home. Its a PIA to collect it in London and you waste valuable time (For us it was about 3/4 of one day!). The Oyster card works like a dream!!! The LP is a toss up on value, but great skipping the lines!

I cannot imagine how it could take that long, even with a queue. If you already got an Oystercard though, just bring it with you and top it off.