MSC more questions

tigger54

Cruising on Devina next month. Does Devina sell bottled water by the case or 12 packs? If so how much are they. From what I am reading, we can't bring our oun water. Is that correct? How much are the waters that are in our cabin when we arrive?

Also,

Our check in time is 4:00. Is there anyway to make that earlier? I guess I am asking that if I call my MSC agent will he make it earlier if I ask. How strict are they with these times? What is the earliest they let people on the ship when it sails at 7:00. We are gold in case that makes a different?

Re Embarkation: people arrive at Port Miami about 11:30 onwards and there does not seem to be a problem with getting on the ship - was the 4:00 time specific to you or simply what the web site suggests?

Re Bottled Water: the large bottles in the Cabin are $4.50 however you can go on-line and do a coupon packet for $37 or thereabouts - on-line it says it is for sparkling water however you can ask for 'flat' and it is a very large bottle - we did it this past week and although you can drink the water on the ship we were glad we ordered the coupons - if you do it on-line prior to boarding the tax and tips are not additional - they do not have the small 12-pack size of water that Carnival offers - these are large bottles and we felt well worth the $37 - I think it was for 14 bottles.

Our paperwork says embankment 4:15. We would really like to get on earlier. Will they let us on early if we get there early?

Yes .................. when you arrive at the port terminal you'll be given a number. The lower the number, the earlier you'll be called to board. The earlier you arrive at the terminal, the lower the number will be.

As to the price of the water in the cabin. I've just read on another thread that it's $4.50 for a 1ltr bottle. However, you can pre-purchase a water package of 14 one-litre bottles for $37. If you wait 'til onboard, you'll pay another $5.50 service charge of 15%.

I think the 4:15 may be referring to the time you can get in your cabin. The initial boarding was a bit chaotic, lots of pushing and people just being plain rude. If you are traveling with a black card member, they do get to board first and you can go with them.