Upgrade Bid ? - Family of 5 OV Cabin

Cilosgirl

• 3 months later...
I thought I read here on CC that you can only bid up 2 levels, in that case it would only be balcony or mini suite. Please correct me if I understood this wrong.

We have booked a balcony and were able to bid on an H4 and all the way up to the Garden Villa so, I believe that if you are offered a chance to bid on an upgrade, the sky is the limit.

We're in the same situation with a family of 5. Have you already been? If so, how did it work out? I have some concerns with the cabin (location/no balcony/tight quarters).

We did the OV on the breakaway 2 yrs ago, family of 5. It was great! Our room was larger than our friends with the balcony. Our kids (teens? Ages 10,12,14) used the bunk beds and pullout and we had the king bed. Bathroom was quite large too. Booked a similar cabin on the escape for Feb 2018... just reading this thread and realized I probably won't get the upgrade email bc there are no balcony rooms for 5 ppl. We were kind of hoping for a last minute surprise upgrade to a 2bdrm, or haven. Oh well we are hardly ever in our cabin anyway !

Sent from my iPad using Forums

No, it is only up two levels. You had balcony so the next levels are mini suite and suite. They don't make distinction between sub categories. Just full categories (those being: inside, outside, balcony, mini suite, suite).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

For the Feb 16 Jade sailing, we booked a Balcony guarantee and were offered a mini-suite, suite and all 4 Haven types. It may depend on capacity of the ship.

I thought I read here on CC that you can only bid up 2 levels, in that case it would only be balcony or mini suite. Please correct me if I understood this wrong.

We have a BB balcony booked on the Jade and were offered to bid on H4, H5 and GV. So I do not believe that it is only two catagories up but depends how popular the cabin you are in may be as they can quickly rebook your cabin; even in the week before sailing.

No, it is only up two levels. You had balcony so the next levels are mini suite and suite. They don't make distinction between sub categories. Just full categories (those being: inside, outside, balcony, mini suite, suite).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Incorrect, we had a BB and were offered to bid on H4, H5 and GV.