Anytime Dining - Just us or a larger table?

e3g

We will be taking our handicapped son on the Eurodam Jan 28-Feb 4, 2018. We wanted to try Anytime Dining for the first time. I know we can request a private table or to be seated with others. Our prior 6 cruises (minus our son) have been set times with late seating. We enjoy meeting people and think anytime dining with others will give us the chance to meet even more people.

The sticking point is how long it takes our son to review the menu and make choices. We are used to it but it could be very frustrating to others.

My question is when you are seated with others, do they wait until the table is filled before taking orders? I assume so as it is more efficient and less hectic for the wait staff.

Of course, I can get copies of the menu ahead of time but that doesn't always work. When at home, I print copies of the menu from the web and have him make choices before we arrive at the restaurant. Sometimes, he just starts over when we arrive at the restaurant.

Just looking for info. We will flex as needed.

My question is when you are seated with others, do they wait until the table is filled before taking orders?

That was my experience when I had open seating. I have never read anything to the contrary, either.

At least through earlier dining hours, up until about 7:30 or so, tables tend to fill up fairly quickly, so there is not a lot of time between the first and last ones seated at the table.

When we used to eat in the dining room, I saw it happen both ways. We always had a table by the rail at early, fixed dining.

Some waiters waited until it was completely filled before they took orders.

We also saw some people already eating while others were seated at the table. Thus people were not eating the same course as others. And some left before others were finished.

No telling what will happen on your cruise.

There is a small notice board at the entrance to MDR and from mid afternoon that evenings menu is usually posted there. I am inclined to take a photo (smart phone/ipad/camera) to show to DW so she can make a decision of what/where to eat. Perhaps something similar would work for you?

Someone else will advise if the Eurodam has the latest interactive TV's in the stateroom, because it is possible to view the menu on these TV's. Again, from mid afternoon.

Also the Navigator app that you can download onboard (no charge. no internet needed) will have access to the evening menu.