Anthem of the Seas with 14 month old!

NHgirl2012

Hi All! We will be heading to Bermuda on the Anthem of the Seas next week! We will be with our 14 month old son. Anyone been with their little ones around this age and have any tips in general or recommended shore excursions? Also, how is the kids program? We will be at Bermuda for 2 days. Thanks!! :)

With a child that young they won't really get anything out of excursions or even remember anything. So pick based on your own taste. You'll probably still have to pay the kids rate for your child, so you may opt to do self guided tours instead (there is a public transit bus & ferry system in place).

I'd avoid anything that requires a lot of sitting, when our daughter was that young she'd get squirmy and fussy after awhile with nothing really to do. A 2-hour bus tour would be like a 2-hour car ride to your child. Every kid is different in how they react to something like that.

You could ask at the port of call forum for Bermuda for more specific recommendations.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=196

I've heard nothing but good things about the kids program, but be aware in case you didn't know that the nursery is not free. The free drop off is only for kids 3 and up (even if they're potty trained, they still need to be 3).

Edited by geomancer

We did Explorer of the seas to Bermuda and our son was 13 months at the time. It was awesome actually. Ya know kids that age will have their moments. Overall awesome though. We ended up leaving like 6 hours early because of a hurricane coming our way. Thank God we did though because we would have been in really, really rough seas.

There was a waitress in the MDR Carla from Jamaica and she was the sweetest person I ever met on a cruise. Our son had so much fun with her and she wasn't even our waitress. They just had this rapport that was just awesome. We have a picture of them laughing that is just awesome. We are hoping very much that she is on Anthem which we leave on Thursday. Long shot yes but ya never know.

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app

We did Anthem with our 11 month old son. Some tips;

- have your room attendant set up the pack and play in the cabin and request extra blankets or pillows because the bed is hard and does not come with much padding

- respect the nap time :D

- reserve time in the nursery around your dinner schedule - the staff members are FANTASTIC!!! They will play, feed, change, dress, and basically spoil your child :)

- sign out a bag of toys from the nursery for use around your cabin

- bring plenty of diapers, wipes, supplies, etc. (you can get more in port or aboard if you run out)

Here's some highlights if you're interested in watching

XWEMh8kaxmg

We've been on a couple of cruises with our kids - we took our older son to Alaska when he was 18 months and then just returned from the Anthem Canada/New England cruise with our two boys (12 months and 3.5 years). We loved Anthem - plenty of spaces for our kids to explore and we never felt in the way. There is an open play area near the nursery that was a lot of fun for both of them. The Windjammer staff will be fantastic, we have nothing but wonderful things to say about how doting they were, always making sure the baby had milk and a high chair and gave both boys plenty of attention. Bring an umbrella stroller and a babywearer, I used both and it was nice to have the flexibility depending on what we were doing. There are free swim diapers at the towel desks, and the splash pad is perfect for little ones.

We've been on a couple of cruises with our kids - we took our older son to Alaska when he was 18 months and then just returned from the Anthem Canada/New England cruise with our two boys (12 months and 3.5 years). We loved Anthem - plenty of spaces for our kids to explore and we never felt in the way. There is an open play area near the nursery that was a lot of fun for both of them. The Windjammer staff will be fantastic, we have nothing but wonderful things to say about how doting they were, always making sure the baby had milk and a high chair and gave both boys plenty of attention. Bring an umbrella stroller and a babywearer, I used both and it was nice to have the flexibility depending on what we were doing. There are free swim diapers at the towel desks, and the splash pad is perfect for little ones.

That is news to me, and very interesting.