Revised Itinerary

captjohn

I have used cruisett.com in the past but now use cruisetimetables.com. They keep track of many more ships than cruisett.com. So their results are more accurate and complete.

For some reason I can find our itinerary on cruisetimetables.com but can't find other ships in port. Must be looking in the wrong place. I did go to cruisett.com and learned that we will only be in port with other ships on one Caribbean island - Bridgetown*. With the two Royal Caribbean ships, there will over 6,000 passengers in port. While this seems like a lot, two days later, there will be ships carrying 16,664 passengers in Cozumel. As long as I'm doing numbers, there will be around 10,000 passengers embarking in Miami on November 17th. Fortunately, when we return to Miami, only the Riviera will be in port. That is promising.

*cruisett.com didn't have updated information on St. Kitts - it still shows us going to Puerto Rico and there could be other ships in port.

I checked a Canada/New England Princess cruise we are booked on in Oct 2018 and the schedule does not match the itinerary Princess is selling.

The site may not have updated the port changes made by the cruise lines due to the new whale friendly speed limit in the St Lawrence River.

For some reason I can find our itinerary on cruisetimetables.com but can't find other ships in port. Must be looking in the wrong place. I did go to cruisett.com and learned that we will only be in port with other ships on one Caribbean island - Bridgetown*. With the two Royal Caribbean ships, there will over 6,000 passengers in port. While this seems like a lot, two days later, there will be ships carrying 16,664 passengers in Cozumel. As long as I'm doing numbers, there will be around 10,000 passengers embarking in Miami on November 17th. Fortunately, when we return to Miami, only the Riviera will be in port. That is promising.

*cruisett.com didn't have updated information on St. Kitts - it still shows us going to Puerto Rico and there could be other ships in port.

Jackie,

On cruisetimetables.com, unlike cruisett.com, you check the ports on your cruise port-by-port. For your November cruise, click on "Ports of Departure" from the home page. Then select Miami and, on the next screen, select November 17. This will bring up a screen showing the ships in Miami on the 17th. Each ship listed will show its complete itinerary.

Click on the first port (St. Barts) and then click on November 20, the day the Mariner will be there. On that date, the Mariner and the Sea Dream I will be in port. Then one-by-one, click on the remaining ports and dates to see the results for each port.

Cruisett.com is less time consuming to use. But since its results are incomplete, I don't think it's a viable alternative to cruisetimetables.com.

Hope this helps.

Jackie,

On cruisetimetables.com, unlike cruisett.com, you check the ports on your cruise port-by-port. For your November cruise, click on "Ports of Departure" from the home page. Then select Miami and, on the next screen, select November 17. This will bring up a screen showing the ships in Miami on the 17th. Each ship listed will show its complete itinerary.

Click on the first port (St. Barts) and then click on November 20, the day the Mariner will be there. On that date, the Mariner and the Sea Dream I will be in port. Then one-by-one, click on the remaining ports and dates to see the results for each port.

Cruisett.com is less time consuming to use. But since its results are incomplete, I don't think it's a viable alternative to cruisetimetables.com.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Dave. For the first time I was able to look at the entire itinerary on Cruisett.com, however, as you say, the results are not updated or complete (but are pretty good). I'll go back and check the other site. I had no idea that Sea Dream I would be in St. Barts -- it seems that Cruisett.com only tracks certain cruise lines and Sea Dream isn't one of them.

Your advice is always helpful!

P.S. Just went back to cruisetimetables.com and found what frustrated me and made me leave the website the first time. The month of November, 2017 is missing a date (I think it is the 15th) which screws up the calendar in my mind.

Okay - I figured out cruisetimetables.com (thanks to Dave). It is a bit more difficult to get information but the information is more accurate (as Dave indicated). Once you see the ships in port, if you click on the link for the ship you can learn the capacity of the ship. So, based on the new information, there will be a lot more passengers in port to embark on the 17th.

One more comment........ cruisetimetables.com also does not have the updated itinerary for the Mariner (replacing Puerto Rico with Basseterre, St. Kitts).

Edited by Travelcat2

Thanks Dave. For the first time I was able to look at the entire itinerary on Cruisett.com, however, as you say, the results are not updated or complete (but are pretty good). I'll go back and check the other site. I had no idea that Sea Dream I would be in St. Barts -- it seems that Cruisett.com only tracks certain cruise lines and Sea Dream isn't one of them.

Your advice is always helpful!

P.S. Just went back to cruisetimetables.com and found what frustrated me and made me leave the website the first time. The month of November, 2017 is missing a date (I think it is the 15th) which screws up the calendar in my mind.

Okay - I figured out cruisetimetables.com (thanks to Dave). It is a bit more difficult to get information but the information is more accurate (as Dave indicated). Once you see the ships in port, if you click on the link for the ship you can learn the capacity of the ship. So, based on the new information, there will be a lot more passengers in port to embark on the 17th.

One more comment........ cruisetimetables.com also does not have the updated itinerary for the Mariner (replacing Puerto Rico with Basseterre, St. Kitts).

Jackie,

Glad my instructions for cruisetimetables.com weren't as clear as mud. :D A couple of further comments. Cruisetimetables.com does not show every date in its port calendars. Only dates where at least one ship is arriving or departing are shown. I think this is a good feature. You just have to get used to it.

In addition, I think you meant that cruisett.com still showed San Juan as a port on your cruise. Cruisetimetables.com correctly shows the substitution of St. Kitts for San Juan.