Cuba Update 9/29

Ocean Dancer

Many medical experts say that the symptoms described aren't caused by a sonic device. So our wonderful government doesn't know who, why and how these symptoms were caused. As a result, "the sky is falling, the sky is falling" and don't go to Cuba. I really don't recall anyone posting that they had been invited to an embassy staffer's house or went to a hotel other than for a drink.

It's the same deal on the island of Mindanao in the Philippines, the US has been warning Americans for years not to live or visit there, yet I know many expats who have been living there in peace and harmony. Not everyone is as scared as the government wants them to be. In 2015 we enjoyed a week in Chicago, don't remember any government warnings

Open your eyes. The poor people of Cuba are not the beneficiary of your tourist dollars. Why do you think the Cuban military generals and communist government officials are living such a high life while average Cubans are struggling financially and dreaming about coming to US by the boatloads.

When you hand your money to them, they certainly are. Which is really easy to do, either when you get there or via a few companies that send money directly to tour operators.

BTW, some Cubans do want to come to the US, but we found them in the distinct minority. There are more and more opportunities for them to make money, which is a good way to topple communism.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums