Drinks to try/suggestions. First time paying for Cheers

mikldom

When we have Cheers, we order top shelf for every drink. My regular drink in a vodka/diet but on a cruise, it's a Grey Goose and diet. I love a gin and tonic, but on a cruise it's a Hendricks and tonic. Take advantage of every upgrade you can. Also, the Baileys milk shakes from the coffee bar are awesome ...and they're included!

Not to sound totally ignorant BUT...when ordering these drinks top shelf, do you need to know the name of the top shelf liquor or can you just say "top shelf"? Or would I sound stupid if I said "make it top shelf" ?

We have never gotten Cheers but we do like to try drinks here and there. My favorite Caribbean drinks are Goombay Smashes and Pain Killers. We found on our last few cruises they won't make anything that is not on the menu which is such a bummer. My guess is that they don't know how but I would still try.

Thanks for the suggestions! I am unaware of all the names of the "Top Shelf" liquors but do want to try them!. With cheers, it's all included so I plan on trying out and experimenting with stuff I would not normally try do to costs, unawareness, etc. I love frozen concoctions, coladas and such. Punches, and simple things like Rum and coke. Never tried Gin.. I have done a lot of the shots they do in the MDR. Basically, I want to enjoy the drinks, while getting the benefit. I don't want to just drink for the sake of drinking (tho that is fun too). We have smuggled in the past, but the budget this time allows us some more freedom... Like on our cruise on 11-19 on the Pride, we already booked the Steakhouse on night one, got a Cabana on Princess Cays, we have Vista Suite on the back of the boat, etc.

We have never gotten Cheers but we do like to try drinks here and there. My favorite Caribbean drinks are Goombay Smashes and Pain Killers. We found on our last few cruises they won't make anything that is not on the menu which is such a bummer. My guess is that they don't know how but I would still try.
The problem is that there is a difference between the bartender's at the different bars and the mixologists at the Alchemy Bar. The bartender's only make the drinks that are on the regular drink list for their particular bar and the brands that their particular bar normally carries. The mixologists at the Alchemy Bar have the skills to go off menu and make you just about anything. And they will use fresh ingredients instead of sugary premade mixes. They will also have high end alcohol like Roca Patron that is only available at a handful of bars at the most on board. If you like spicy, they may even have some infused tequila or vodka.

Not to sound totally ignorant BUT...when ordering these drinks top shelf, do you need to know the name of the top shelf liquor or can you just say "top shelf"? Or would I sound stupid if I said "make it top shelf" ?
If you're going to have a drink with vodka in it, all you need to do is ask the bartender at that particular bar what is the best vodka that they have. Grey Goose would be a good choice. If it's rum, then Pyrat XO, if it's tequila, Don Julio Anejo.

Alchemy Bar: 40 is the new 20, French Kiss, The Remedy, Fiery Tropical Passion Martini,

It's also fun to do their taste test of different martinis

Any bar: Twilight Zone, Cosmo, Cadillac Margarita, Fresh Italian, Vodka Collins (don't like gin)

Friend of mine always orders vodka collins didn’t know other people liked those. Funny

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It's been my experience that the bartender has recommended the "top shelf" when asked. It's how I heard about Hendricks - I asked for a Sapphire and she said I would like Hendricks more as it was much smoother. She was right. :D