Oceania Promenade Decks?

Bojeanne

Oceania%20Marina%20Pool%20Deck.jpg

There are loops for walking on the deck above the pool but they're not proper promenade decks.

There are deck chairs on deck 5 of the R class ships, where the lifeboats are located as well as covered areas on both class ships around the pool with ample lounge chairs.

Edited by Classiccruiser777

Not really. "Promenade decks" are probably out of fashion these days. You can walk and jog on the decks above the pool. But the idea that used to happen of walking around the ship on a more or less covered deck is long gone. At least on the ships I have been in the last 20 years.

Do any of the Oceania ships have a promenade deck, or at least a section where you could sit on a deck chair in the shade?

They are not called Promenade Decks but all of the ships have outdoor areas such as you describe.

The Deck Plans are extraordinarily descriptive, if you want to picture where they are

Do any of the Oceania ships have a promenade deck, or at least a section where you could sit on a deck chair in the shade?

On R ships there is a wonderful group of cushioned loungers where you can sit and read in relative quiet and - at least in my case - fall asleep easily. The area is just aft of the pool on the port side. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not really. "Promenade decks" are probably out of fashion these days. You can walk and jog on the decks above the pool. But the idea that used to happen of walking around the ship on a more or less covered deck is long gone. At least on the ships I have been in the last 20 years.

FYI...all HAL ships have a promenade deck; the lifeboats hang above it. On the larger HAL ships, if I remember, 5 laps around is 1 mile. Many people walk it for exercise.

We have our first cruise coming up on Oceania after many on HAL. This was the first I noticed that O ships don't have a promenade deck...oh well.

• Thanks 1

• 5 years later...
On 10/6/2017 at 1:15 PM, Bojeanne said:

Are you looking more for a "protected walking route" or more for a place to sit in the shade?  There are likely to be places on the ships that are good for one of those but perhaps not the other.

GC