Coral Princess Entertainment Variety

Delta Dear

Tell me what type of musical entertainment can we expect on the ship? Doing the Nov 12, 2017 Panama Canal sailing. We've mainly done Carnival. As 70+ we'd love some mellow music mixed in with jazz and oldies but goodies and Island music. Tell us what you've experienced.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Tell me what type of musical entertainment can we expect on the ship? Doing the Nov 12, 2017 Panama Canal sailing. We've mainly done Carnival. As 70+ we'd love some mellow music mixed in with jazz and oldies but goodies and Island music. Tell us what you've experienced.

Hi, honestly, it changes. However, the is usually a small band or two around the lido deck. A pianist on deck 6, pominard, a string quartet deck 5 for part of the time and a singer with a 3-4 piece back-up part of the time. Of course, nothing is written in stone. Then, the main shows in the princess theatre. This a partial or full transit?

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

It is a 10 day partial transit. 36 days away ! Can't wait ! Thank you very much. No pun intended but, sounds good.

Done that one 4 times. I'd do it again.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

During a full transit on Coral there was one night when members of the Princess band who have formed a jazz band were playing in Adagio. It wasn't really well advertised and there was just a small group of us there but it was an excellent late evening gig. The musicians were tight and the music was great. If you are lucky you will get something like this. They played mello jazz and it was great.

In the Wheelhouse Bar there should be a group each evening that plays easy listening ballroom dance music.

Explorer's Lounge will have sets from the on board party band. The party band may also perform in the Universe Lounge on some evenings.

There will probably be a classical or classical style group that performs mainly in the piazza area, but could perform in other locations.

There is also a piano player in the piazza usually at pre-dinner times.

Each evening Crooner's should have a piano/singer entertainer from 9pm or so onwards. This is very popular with passengers.

The Princess orchestra will probably preform some sets of jazz or big band most likely in Explorer's or the Universe Lounge.

There will be the normal shows and entertainers in both the theater and Universe Lounge.

There might be deck band on board, but more recently Princess has used the party band for this purpose.

All entertainment and musical sets are listed in the Princess Patter each day.