Special dining room request - diabetic

I am diabetic and control it with diet alone. Part of my daily routine is a large salad before dinner. When I was on Carnival back in May I had to ask for a Caesar salad without the dressing ( I bring my own low fat/sugar) and was given 4 leaves of green. Is there a way to request each night at dinner in the MDR for a full bowl or plate of mixed greens? We will be on the Anthem next month and noticed requests need to be before 30 days which I missed

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am not a diabetic but travel with people who have dietary needs. Plus I have done many RCI cruises and witnessed what other people do.

IME, making a special request like having a bowl full of leaf salad shouldn't be a problem and you can simply ask the waiter. If you want to be a little pro-active, letting the restaurant manager know ahead of time helps. Sometimes, with the best intentions you don't get served what you requested. Politely letting the waiter know or having a quiet word with the restaurant manager should resolve the problem, if not on that occasion then at least for subsequent nights.

Finally, I have found that being on the same table with same server helps avoid problems.

I am diabetic and control it with diet alone. Part of my daily routine is a large salad before dinner. When I was on Carnival back in May I had to ask for a Caesar salad without the dressing ( I bring my own low fat/sugar) and was given 4 leaves of green. Is there a way to request each night at dinner in the MDR for a full bowl or plate of mixed greens? We will be on the Anthem next month and noticed requests need to be before 30 days which I missed

You will have no problem simply asking your waiter the first night. Would defiantly be easier if you had traditional dining with same waiter every night.

I am not a diabetic but travel with people who have dietary needs. Plus I have done many RCI cruises and witnessed what other people do.

IME, making a special request like having a bowl full of leaf salad shouldn't be a problem and you can simply ask the waiter. If you want to be a little pro-active, letting the restaurant manager know ahead of time helps. Sometimes, with the best intentions you don't get served what you requested. Politely letting the waiter know or having a quiet word with the restaurant manager should resolve the problem, if not on that occasion then at least for subsequent nights.

Finally, I have found that being on the same table with same server helps avoid problems.

Totally agree. They will be accommodating as much as they can.

We don't have traditional dining but hope to eat in the same section each night. Is it one manager for both types of dining rooms?

There is a Restaurant Operations Manager that is the head of all dining, but each deck has it's own supervisor, and MTD has different hosts than traditional.

We don't have traditional dining but hope to eat in the same section each night. Is it one manager for both types of dining rooms?

I'm in the same situation, but don't bring my own condiments.

Even with my time dining, you can establish a good relationship with your waiter and assistant waiter, and be seated with them for each meal. You can ask for anything special the first night and then ask that you get that item each night.