Celebrity gift cards

Honeybadger418

I believe the thread starter was asking about gift cards. The link in the reply is about on board credit.

While a very good topic, I didn't go thru all four pages to see if anyone mentions gift cards.

As I have a very recent had experience using a Celebrity Cruises Gift Card, please let me share.

I was gifted one by a very thoughtful friend.

On the back of the card I was given, it states it can only be used for new bookings and not to settle any ship board charges.

The next time I booked a voyage, I provided the card # and the travel agent called Celebrity and applied it to my payment. There is no expiration date on the card.

• 2 weeks later...

The next time I booked a voyage, I provided the card # and the travel agent called Celebrity and applied it to my payment. There is no expiration date on the card.

I already have EDGE booked for 2019. Can I use a gift card for partial payment on this booking? Or can a gift card only be used at the time I'm making a brand new booking?

I tried finding gift card info on their website, but nothing came up. Thanks!

I already have EDGE booked for 2019. Can I use a gift card for partial payment on this booking? Or can a gift card only be used at the time I'm making a brand new booking?

I tried finding gift card info on their website, but nothing came up. Thanks!

I have gotten a Celebrity Gift card several times as a travel reward from one of my credit cards. Although the writing on the back of the card says new bookings, both times I've been able to have my TA apply it towards final payment on cruises I'd already booked and deposited months before. I emailed pictures of both the front and back of the card to my TA along with a note about where I wanted the card applied. Each time the TA has sent confirmation that the amount of the card was applied and sent a revised invoice of the final amount due.