Southampton To Heathrow transportation

Off To Sea

. I wish there was a site we can match with another couple to split the cost of the private car! its such a significant cost difference between nat exp and the private car.

There is such a site :)

The RollCall for your cruise.

https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2508625

Currently 17 pages of posts by your cruise-mates to wade thro.

If you don't see anyone looking for sharers on there, post your own message.

JB :)

• 4 weeks later...

JB

Never used Heathrow before. I booked National Express to LHR Terminal 3 for American Airlines. It will be Friday May 4 and the flight leaves at 3:00 p.m. Bus schedule: Departs at 9:40 a.m and Arrives T3 at 12 noon. Based on your comments above, I think it should not be stressful but does the bus normally leave Southampton on time?

Also, I expect to check in online, so when I get to T3, do they have kiosks and baggage drop separate from the long line needing full service?

JB

Never used Heathrow before. I booked National Express to LHR Terminal 3 for American Airlines. It will be Friday May 4 and the flight leaves at 3:00 p.m. Bus schedule: Departs at 9:40 a.m and Arrives T3 at 12 noon. Based on your comments above, I think it should not be stressful but does the bus normally leave Southampton on time?

Also, I expect to check in online, so when I get to T3, do they have kiosks and baggage drop separate from the long line needing full service?

Yes, the buses usually run to time though of course it's always possible that something like a big road accident can screw-up schedules.

The bus calls at T5 & T4 (which are on remote fringes of the airport), then drops folk at Heathrow central bus station for T1 & T3 - it's a well-signed walk of about 10 mins to T3.

Check-in 90 mins before flight time is adequate, so you have a good margin for delays - even better if you check-in on-line & use the baggage drop.

Yes, the buses usually run to time though of course it's always possible that something like a big road accident can screw-up schedules.

The bus calls at T5 & T4 (which are on remote fringes of the airport), then drops folk at Heathrow central bus station for T1 & T3 - it's a well-signed walk of about 10 mins to T3.

Check-in 90 mins before flight time is adequate, so you have a good margin for delays - even better if you check-in on-line & use the baggage drop.

Thanks!