Priority embarkation

chris11256

We had a mini suite on Aurora in June and we had early embarkation of 1.00 pm.

Interesting, because suite passengers get allocated 12.30pm and are usually boarded closer to 12pm now. High level loyalty members (Caribbean and above) get 1pm (unless in a suite). So not sure what to make of 1pm in a mini-suite as that is not the same time as full suite passengers. :confused:

I've always understood that for the purposes of early boarding mini suites are treated the same as suites, certainly that's always the way it's been for us. The major difference between suites and mini suites - apart from the cabin being larger - is that the suites have the services of a butler and the mini suites don't. We've had Tender Priority cards when being in a mini suites - oh yes the other difference is that suite passengers a select dining restaurant where they can have breakfast, but mini suite passengers don't.

Interesting, because suite passengers get allocated 12.30pm and are usually boarded closer to 12pm now. High level loyalty members (Caribbean and above) get 1pm (unless in a suite). So not sure what to make of 1pm in a mini-suite as that is not the same time as full suite passengers. :confused:

1.00 pm was the first boarding time for the ship that day, we all sat together in the priority lounge and boarded at 1.30. We were the first on board. Not all ships are ready by 12.30 to board. We did not get tender priority cards, wish we had took over an hour to get on tender boat for a 2 minute journey.

1.00 pm was the first boarding time for the ship that day, we all sat together in the priority lounge and boarded at 1.30. We were the first on board. Not all ships are ready by 12.30 to board.

Oh I see. I’d be pretty miffed if I had paid for a suite which entitles you priority embarkation at 12.30pm (but in reality is usually earlier), you had arrived early as a result but boarding didn’t even commence until 1.30pm. We must be lucky. In all Cruises where we have had a suite we have been on board between 1145 and 1230. Perhaps the ship had been late in or there had been a problem as that’s most unusual?

Yes, I presume there was a reason for a 1.00 pm embarkation, but this was a first for us, we usually have a 3.30 slot, so it made a nice change that we got to have lunch at a reasonable time. We could not fault the check in, no queue for the car, first to check in, cup of coffee and biscuit, short wait, then first on ship. Cabin ready with 3 out of 4 cases waiting outside our cabins.

The 4th suitcase, well that is a story on its own. It belonged to my 85 year old father in law, his first cruise. He lost his suitcase key, my husband managed to get it open, but he forgot to pack his suit. A trip to the shop and £120 for a dinner jacket. But at least we all had a fabulous cruise and have booked to go to the Fjords again next year, this time on Azura but back to balcony cabins