NCL to book your international flights.

gatime

This is the first cruise that we opted for NCL to book our international flights. Well wouldn't you know the company (ALITALIA) that we are booked with is in the middle of Bankruptcy and have numerous complains #1 being lost luggage. #2 plane comfort and #3 cancelled flights.

What I'd like to know is- Experiences letting NCL book your flights (especially international flights). Did it go smoothly and would you do it again.

I'd like to know if anyone has flown ALITALIA recently and what is your opinion of this company. TIA

This is the first cruise that we opted for NCL to book our international flights. Well wouldn't you know the company (ALITALIA) that we are booked with is in the middle of Bankruptcy and have numerous complains #1 being lost luggage. #2 plane comfort and #3 cancelled flights.

What I'd like to know is- Experiences letting NCL book your flights (especially international flights). Did it go smoothly and would you do it again.

I'd like to know if anyone has flown ALITALIA recently and what is your opinion of this company. TIA

We have used NCL twice for booking our overseas flights because it was significantly cheaper than any discount sites. Yes, we would do it again even though more connections and arrive morning of cruise. It went smoothly. When our flight was delayed we phoned the emergency number they'd given us and the transfer bus waited.

We have flown Alitalia but not recently. They were fine when we flew them.

We used NCL premium air for a transatlantic trip from Barcelona . We were very specific as to what we were looking for, ie. no more than 1 stop and a legacy carrier . It was a good experience and cost was much less than what I found when searching . They assigned us to BA/AA .

Don't do it.... As someone who is a Manager for an Airline... If your flight takes a delay or there's an issue with your flight. Guess who fixes it.. Not the airline. the company for whom you booked thru as is written in the contract.

Recently we had a family of 8 who booked a combined airfare and cruise trip from London to some place. The family booked the kids under their mothers maiden name while the documentation for travel was under the fathers name. Think Susie Smith vs. Susie Johnson. Legally, no airline can send an international passenger (or domestic for that matter) with mismatch names. What made it worse, the over the ocean carrier was not my airline and we cannot touch it. We were forced to refer them to the purchasing company.

Family had to contact the cruise line (not NCL in this example), fight to get it fixed, pay the difference in fare and go a day later getting them to London about 5 hours before the cruise.

Remember- COST IS NOT always reason to do it. 99% of the time it works, but when it goes bad. you HAVE to read the fine print. Just no exceptions!

I'm searching a cruise on the US site and can't find any option for booking air . Can someone tell me how to go about it?

Which cruise line? I think most cruise lines you have to talk to the cruise line rep on the phone in order to book the air package too.

The reason we went through NCL for the first time was because of the expensive one way fares . We got our quote from the Premium department for airfare . Our PCC helped with the contact . It was up to us to accept it our not . One draw back for some is that you may not have flight number etc . until 60 days out . We knew that before going with it .