Escape, Dec.16-23: Availability of Bottled Water/Drinking Water

ashpam

Hello! We're travelling on the Escape in late December, and one of our party has a medication that requires drinking a large amount of water pretty consistently (3 litres daily). We were planning on flying into Miami from Vancouver and purchasing a flat of water from one of the grocery stores to bring on-board, but recently found out that's no longer allowed.

Is this something we could contact accessibility about? Are there other options that might be simpler? If there are refillable water bottle stations on ship, that would be manageable as well.

Thank you!

the final pam

Hello! We're travelling on the Escape in late December, and one of our party has a medication that requires drinking a large amount of water pretty consistently (3 litres daily). We were planning on flying into Miami from Vancouver and purchasing a flat of water from one of the grocery stores to bring on-board, but recently found out that's no longer allowed.

Is this something we could contact accessibility about? Are there other options that might be simpler? If there are refillable water bottle stations on ship, that would be manageable as well.

Thank you!

the final pam

We bring an empty liter bottle and empty smaller bottle and fill them in the buffet (using a glass to transfer) or fill them from the cabin's bathroom sink tap.

You can ask your cabin steward to bring a pitcher of ice water.

You can contact the Access dept a month or so ahead of time with a Drs note and might get permission to bring some aboard.

We bring an empty liter bottle and empty smaller bottle and fill them in the buffet (using a glass to transfer) or fill them from the cabin's bathroom sink tap.

You can ask your cabin steward to bring a pitcher of ice water.

You can contact the Access dept a month or so ahead of time with a Drs note and might get permission to bring some aboard.

How is the sodium level of the tapwater on the ship? The medication in question is a salt, so that might affect things negatively.

I think we will be contacting the Access Dept. no matter what, but we'll keep these options in mind, thank you!

Ships water is great. I would go with that.

We're spoiled here with water from mountain reservoirs, so I'm hoping we'll be able to stomach ship water, haha! A last resort at this point, I think.

They can also order bottled water on NCL.com and it will be waiting in their stateroom when they arrive. Then ask the room steward to empty the mini bar refrig so you can put a few bottles of water in there. We did this on the Escape a couple of weeks ago, worked great.

How is the sodium level of the tapwater on the ship? The medication in question is a salt, so that might affect things negatively.

I think we will be contacting the Access Dept. no matter what, but we'll keep these options in mind, thank you!

If you get it from the bathroom tap be aware it is chlorinated with "pool chlorine" (sodium hypochlorite) so check with his doctor to see if that causes concern. The actual sodium level of the water is usually less than most municipal water. Most of the time, the water is made by distillation, passed through calcium carbonite to adjust the pH, and then chlorinated with the sodium hypochlorite. It is all safe to drink for healthy people but I don't know about your friend's condition.

The same water is carbon filtered for the buffet, bars and restaurants, and the carbon filtration removes the objectionable "pool water" taste and sodium hypochlorite. We drink the water at meal time and like it. We drink a lot of bottled water by choice, because we want to, and buy one of their bottled water packages. The cost is no longer as outrageous as it once was, but it is still expensive.

Honestly the bottles water sale is a joke. Ship water is some of the cleanest water around -Period. It has to be for the systems that use it to cool and due to the de salinization process. You should see the sheets of salt that come out!

Back in my Navy days we used to toss them overboard. Now we “officially” have to hold them.

Save $50 on the case and just refil a bottle:)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Did you pay a room service delivery fee for it?

No. Just as a full ice bucket is part of the cabin steward's daily routine, they will also provide a pitcher of water when they do your room if you request it.

We requested ours directly from cabin steward, not from room service.

Just off the Escape and asked our steward to get a pitcher of ice/water, and he said we'd have to request this from room service, which we never got around to doing. We had brought water bottles, so simply filled them up every day at the various water stations -- in the buffet, inside Margaritaville (using a clean cup to transfer)...I'm sure there are more stations, we just didn't see them! We also used the melted ice from our cabin's ice bucket. We weren't sure if the tap water in our bathroom was the same as drinking water, so we erred on the side of caution.

No. Just as a full ice bucket is part of the cabin steward's daily routine, they will also provide a pitcher of water when they do your room if you request it.

We requested ours directly from cabin steward, not from room service.

Perfect! Thanks! I have seen several references to having "room service" deliver the water, and if I recall correctly, at least one post where a person was told by the steward that they had to ask room service for water. So I was thinking the stewards no longer provided it.