Just back from 21 night Regal Panama cruise

Kapuna

It was a good cruise but perhaps a bit too long ; some of the ports could easily be dropped , but we enjoyed the extended time in the Panama canal .

Our minisuite was nice but had some problems with noise from above and repeated toilet failures . Service was excellent but the entertainment ( other than the infrequent production shows ) was distinctly low-budget ! Musical entertainment in the lounges was good.

We thought that the buffet food was the best onboard and noticed that some people skipped the dining room for dinner . Passengers were definitely an older crowd and the overall cruise experience clearly aimed at those who prefer a traditional style of cruising .

Our minisuite was nice but had some problems with noise from above and repeated toilet failures . Service was excellent but the entertainment ( other than the infrequent production shows ) was distinctly low-budget ! Musical entertainment in the lounges was good.

Kapuna,

Would you mind telling me the number of your cabin. We are booked into a mini suite for our 8th January sailing from Rio.

Thanks.

Jennie

Hi...we were on the Regal directly before you for 20 days.....can you recall what your entertainment was? We were very pleased with ours and yes, the lounge entertainment was great...especially the dance music in the evening in the dome....excellent! Did you happen to meet the bartenders in the Bengal/Adagio lounge....they were wonderful!

Hey Murphey,

Glad to here this cruise worked out well for you. We're off on the Sun in a month and can't wait! Esp. since it's our first time as 'E' cruisers - any tips? We're not expecting to make the most travelled party, esp. with the crowd that usually travels on the 10-dayers... How about you guys on the Regal?

Hi WestCoast! How's life in Vancouver? Congrats on your new E status...you will love it! We had a great time on the Regal....My sis and BIL joined us for the second cruise....their 1st ever....I think we have them hooked, they are leaving 1/2 for another! Regarding the Most Travelled Passengers on the Regal.....on both legs of the trip, the MTP's had 50-90 cruises with 500 to almost 1000 days! We're humming along at 260....not even close to those numbers :D !! Oh well, we always enjoy the Captain's party. Have a wonderful time on the Sun!! Remember on the bar set up, that you can ask for whatever you'd like if you don't like what they've given you.....and I always use the pressing service the first night....everything comes back the next day and we're set for the cruise!

Our minisuite was midship and we could clearly hear the band music and footsteps from above . Worst was the late night deck party . Puerto Corinto and Puntarenas served only as jumpoff points for shore excursions . The endless comics , jugglers , harmonica players , etc. were frankly boring . There is a need for more onboard activities when the ship is in port . No , I do not know the bartenders .

Archived