snorkeling St Thomas---what's available?

trouble1964

Is snorkeling on St. Thomas the most popular activity? We will be there on January 23 and I'm unsure of what activity to plan for the day. While Celebrity has updated our itinerary, they haven't updated the excursion options (the website still lists options for St. Maarten).

Yes snorkeling, along with beaching, sailing, and shopping are the biggest draws. No need to book excursions through the ship unless something specific like the Champagne Cat sail to STJ if that is still an option. Taxis are plentiful and take folks to all of the popular beaches.

Is snorkeling on St. Thomas the most popular activity? We will be there on January 23 and I'm unsure of what activity to plan for the day. While Celebrity has updated our itinerary, they haven't updated the excursion options (the website still lists options for St. Maarten).

Coki Beach is the best snorkeling unless you go to St. John's Trunk Bay. Magen's Bay is for beaching, not snorkeling. Not sure how any of this was affected by the hurricane's though.

I'm still looking for an update on Turtle Bay / Buck Island snorkeling. We set sail next week!
I am hoping to find out also! I hope you let us know after you visit, if others don't reply! We do the BOSS excursion which includes snorkeling at Buck Island (best snorkeling ever!) and would like to know how it is. So far our excursion has not cancelled there! We sail Jan 20th.