Maasdam December '06 Holiday cruise.. repositioning????

Stakeout

was checking next year's Holiday cruises.. looks like the Maasdam is set for a repositioning down to Ft Liquordale at the very end of that cruise... and not returning to Norfolk.. HAL doesn't show any '07 Caribbean cruises yet on their site..

does anyone have any good solid info on this... will any other ship take its place in Norfolk.. any word on HAL getting back into Port Canaveral or maybe Jax... Norfolk and Jax are closer to us .. cuts the drive time by half rather than for Ft Laud.. we're in the Myrtle Bch area

any info/rumors appreciated..:D

We were on the Maasdam last week. At the future cruise seminar the fellow said the Maadam was still scheduled for Norfolk for 2006, but that the 2007 schedule was "still up in the air" but that their 2007 booklets should be out fairly soon.

I happened to see the change when I went to HAL's site for the Dec 22 2006 13 day cruise out of Norfolk... it takes two days to go to Ft Laud where they start the second leg as an 11 day cruise.. returning to Ft Laud on Jan 2

they don't list anyhting in the Caribbean in '07..

I have already been thinking about taking that 11 day one on Dec 22 '06. I hope it's not HAL's last cruise out. :(

Unfortunately, the people I cruise with don't like to book that far in advance, so it's still up in the air. If I have a really great time doing it this year, I'll probably end up doing it again next year.

I happened to see the change when I went to HAL's site for the Dec 22 2006 13 day cruise out of Norfolk... it takes two days to go to Ft Laud where they start the second leg as an 11 day cruise.. returning to Ft Laud on Jan 2. they don't list anyhting in the Caribbean in '07..

We were so hoping the take the 12/22/06 ROUNDTRIP out of Norfolk. This would change everything! Oh dear ... I can't even think about it.

Linda & Vern

Maasdam Holiday 2004

Maasdam Thanksgiving 2005

At the Mariner's reception during the 11/26 Maasdam cruise, the Captain mentioned this, and that HAL is still in negotiatons with the city to base a ship here. The city is very anxious to maintain the relationship also.

FWIW, much of the tardiness last season was due to mechanical problems, tho weather (and distance) plays a factor.

Cheers

MarkB

• 3 weeks later...

There is so much conflicting information here. I keep looking to book this cruise for Christmas next year and every site I go to has a different itenerary. Some have it as a 13 day out of Norfolk, some an 11 day, some 13 returning to Ft. Lauderdale, and some round trip from FFL. The girl at the front desk said it was 11 days out of Norfolk, but the site says FLL.

<sigh>

I hope it works out because that's the only time I can go. :(

Archived