Transfers.....Airport to Dock

WAVTAM

I would like to know what time or how long before the flight that Princess tranfer groups arrive at the airport? I am on the 12:45am flight. is it best to go early on are own or go with the group if we had the 11:15 flight I would go early for sure. Help!

To answer the first question, a cab would certainly be cheaper than $60 per person, to the cruise doc from the airport, not sure how much exactly, but I am guessing about $25, it's not very far really.

To answer the second question, on departure, it is worth it to go the airport ahead of the ship's transfer, I think. The crowds at Tahiti airport when you are leaving are sometimes very bad, with long, hot lines.

you should be able to get a cab for 25 a cab, not pp. much more affordable, and comfortable. My recommendation, if you can swing it, is to stay on Pateete an extra night and miss the Princess crowd altogether. we did this the last time we went and it was a much nicer experience. I think that they transfer in groups that start fairly early.

we ended up forgoing our transfers back to the airport since we went to the Intercontinental for the day and it was a good choice. The transfers get to the airport really early so we missed some of the crowd by going 2 hours before the flight which is what the hotel desk recommended. We were prepared for a horrible wait at the airport (from what we read) but it was fine and yes, there were lines, but they moved.

have a great trip!

We went in Aug...a.Taxi was no problem to get remember Princess is the only game in town...after collecting our luggage just walked outside and across the road like any reg. airport took a cab for 19.00 plus we gave her a tip. When we left the ship we went to the IBC it was $20. and from the IBC 20000 francs back to the airport. I always asked before I got in the cab.:)

Search this board you will find some excellent info from 3-4 months ago.

Not that it really matters but lets be exact here I went back and looked at my Tahiti trip info.

Airport to Port AT 11pm... 15 USD plus $1. per bag cost us $19, plus tip

Port to IBC 1700 Francs

IBC to Airport 2000 Francs

I sure all cabs are different but, this was our experience...I asked at the hotel how much the cab would be and was told 2000, and then the cab guy said 2300...but he took 2000 after I stated what the hotel had told me.

By the way you are not riding in a cab these are regular cars,vans

there are lots of cabs sitting right outside the ship. they are all supposed to charge the same_ it's the law there. when we were looking for a cab to take us to th IC after our cruise, we were quoted higher than it was supposed to be. ( we had checked earlier). when we told him no thanks, he quickly changed his tune and charged us less than what we were told earlier. I guess my point is, hold your ground if anyone is trying to charge you more than normal.

Archived