St. Maarten....sorry to have to ask here.....

luv2cruz62

but there is no action on the St. Maarten link...

Visiting St. Maarten in January. Has anyone done the helmet dive shore excursion? Any thoughts? I have watched youtube of people and they have had their photo taken...does the company take photos for you to buy, or do you have to bring along a waterproof camera?

Thanks for any info

I would still post your question on the SXM board. Maybe there's not a lot of action but there are some people on that board such as Gary and Karissa who can answer your questions but won't see it if it's just posted here.

but there is no action on the St. Maarten link...

Visiting St. Maarten in January. Has anyone done the helmet dive shore excursion? Any thoughts? I have watched youtube of people and they have had their photo taken...does the company take photos for you to buy, or do you have to bring along a waterproof camera?

Thanks for any info

We did the Sea Trek helmet dive in St Maarten through princess...AWESOME! Highly recommend it! They take pics and a video of you and you can buy it on the dive dock/boat. I want to say I think it was like $40...you got all the photos taken of the group that went down with you and video as well. They put it on a need usb that looked like a credit card with their logo on it. Also can buy souvenirs that say sea trek like shirts, tanks and hats. You can also bring your own waterproof camera but I did not see the dive guides using it to take your pic it was solely for you to take your own pics of things. But beware the helmets perspective is not what it seems...so while you think you may be getting the shot you didn't...saw the couple next to us laughing at what they actually got vs what they thought they were taking pics of. They took our group down in 2 groups about 10 or so per group and you walk around on the platform, they give you some sea creatures to touch and hold and then also some food to feed near the end. Loved it we are actually doing it again when we return in 2018..god willing they are still operational after the hurricanes. Oh and we were on 1st dive so after the dive we all got 1 free rum punch drink. Oh and a word of note..we went in March and getting in the water it was cool so it may be as well in January...not quite the Caribbean water I expected but you do get used to it once down on the ocean floor. But no time to really ease in as once you are on the ladder it is down you go.

Also if you are ever in Bermuda there is a local guy there that does helmet dives with old school helmets..AWESOME as well and a longer dive time with him...I can post that info if you like if you ever plan on going to Bermuda.

thanks SO much for the info! Greatly appreciated! Was thinking of purchasing a waterproof camera for this (and now maybe not..lol) but also wanted it for the Brae River rafting in Falmouth, Jamaica (don't want to drop the tablet there..;p) and we also have 2 days at Princess Cays (doing a B2B Eastern and Western Caribbean)

Thanks again!!

oh...and just to let you know..we are from British Columbia...our lake that we swim in gets to be about 72F -74F...which is quite nice....for here...lol Caribbean waters will be like a hot tub at a spa! haha