Carnival drinks

abby1257

Do you believe if you google the recipe for a Carnival drink, that, that is the recipe they use on the ship. I ask this because, I have ordered a "BUSHWACKER" MANY TIMES...and when I googled the recipe they use, it can't be true. The recipe under Carnival states that they use (when totalled )....like 4 oz of alcohol in this drink. I know what I would feel like after 4 oz. (prob napping) and I can prob drink 3 of these, one after another?????Just like the Miami Vice supposedly has 5 oz of rum in it....ya , don't think so! Thoughts?

Do you believe if you google the recipe for a Carnival drink, that, that is the recipe they use on the ship. I ask this because, I have ordered a "BUSHWACKER" MANY TIMES...and when I googled the recipe they use, it can't be true. The recipe under Carnival states that they use (when totalled )....like 4 oz of alcohol in this drink. I know what I would feel like after 4 oz. (prob napping) and I can prob drink 3 of these, one after another?????Just like the Miami Vice supposedly has 5 oz of rum in it....ya , don't think so! Thoughts?

If you have ever looked up ANY recipe on line, baked goods, chili, meat loaf, etc., you've no doubt found numerous variations. The same would hold true for cocktail recipes. I wouldn't be afraid to bet that the cocktails served on a cruise ship vary from ship to ship, as well as from one bartender to another, especially the alcohol content. The exception might be the drinks served at the Alchemy Bar.

If you have ever looked up ANY recipe on line, baked goods, chili, meat loaf, etc., you've no doubt found numerous variations. The same would hold true for cocktail recipes. I wouldn't be afraid to bet that the cocktails served on a cruise ship vary from ship to ship, as well as from one bartender to another, especially the alcohol content. The exception might be the drinks served at the Alchemy Bar.

Hi

I think I found the same website you were looking at, and I see what you mean. They would be very strong drinks. :D That bushwacker, shows 4 1/2 oz. of alcohol and 3/4 oz. mix. It is blended with ice, so with a fair amount of crushed ice served in a 12 oz. glass might make for a pretty good drink (if I liked coconut). I can't explain the part about you being able to drink a bunch of these without falling asleep except that maybe you are excited about being on vacation and don't want to miss anything.

I looked up one of my favorites, the Mocha Chocolate getaway and it only has 2 oz. of alcohol plus the mix, which seems right. Either way they do make a lot of great drinks.

Since I am going to be on the Pride this Sunday, I will try a few of each :cool: and see for myself.

have a good day