Transportation from Miami to Orlando

leite

Folks,

has anyone used reliable and affordable transportation from Miami airport to anywhere in Orlando area?

My father and his wife will be cruising with us and they are coming from Brazil the day before of the cruise (you never know, delays, cancelations, etc). They arrive VERY early in the morning (5:00 AM).

We would like for them to join our family who will be in Orlando for a pre-cruise vacation. We then drive to Miami the next day.

One option is for me to do the 3.5 hour drive to Miami and back to Orlando and pick them up.

Of course, there's always the option of paying for a hotel in Miami where he can spend the night and we would pick them up next day. We would like though for them to join us for a family dinner at Disney Springs that night.

Any recommendations? To make things more challenging, they don't speak English :).

Thanks...

That’s a fairly hellish drive for you, going from Orlando to Miami and back. You can do it in 3.5 hours only if there is no traffic at all — and there’s always lots of traffic. You might look into one of the bus lines (like Megabus) that travel between major cities. Unlike Greyhound, they don’t stop in smaller places, so they’re relatively fast and inexpensive.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

http://www.redcoachusa.com/ has bus service directly from the Miami airport to the Orlando area. Cost is anywhere from $39 - $85 per person, depending on the travel date, and the type of service purchased (First class vs business / web fare vs refundable fare, etc...).

I have taken one of their first class buses before... The seats are just as comfortable as first class on a domestic airline flight. Also, the first class buses have 3 seats across, and the business class has 4 seats across).

American Airlines flies from MIA to MCO and it can be inexpensive. Two weekends ago I could buy last minute tickets for $50 each way without being allowed to use the overhead bins and having seats assigned upon check in or $75 for their regular ticket.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

So far the most convenient one seems to be the Red Coach one.

35.00 per person from MIA to MCO.

I wasn't aware. I'll investigate the fare rules in case their flight is late, etc..

Thanks again...