Anytime dining for 8

somogirl

Should not be hard at all.... the maitre d's are always trying to fill those tables..... you jump the queue at the MDR when you agree to share. There are also a limited number of reservations available each morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Is it hard to get a table for 8 in anytime dining? Do they take reservations?

The larger the group the more difficult it is to be seated. While there are tables for 8 in the DR they are normally filled by couples or smaller groups wishing to share a table. If you arrive by 5:30pm you should be able to be seated. If you wish to dine 7:30 or later you probably will not have much delay in getting seated. On most ships and voyages you can make a reservation for ATD by calling the DIne Line in the morning. Reservations are for set times, for example 5:30, 5:45, 7:30, 7:45.

If all 8 of you wish to dine together every evening then I would suggest you think about traditional fixed seat dining.

It would depend on what time you choose to dine. After 7:30 you should have no problems getting a table of 8. But if you try at 6:30.....it might be difficult. As others have suggested, you can try to make a reservation the same day.

Hank

I for one don't understand why people always seem to say the larger the group, the harder it is to get a table at ATD. When we've done ATD, we've found most of the tables to have 8 seats, though some have 6 or 10, and a few are 2 or 4. A group of 8 can obviously fit at a table for 8 or a table for 10. If they're filling a table of 8 with people willing to share, they can just walk past that table to the next one they'd put people willing to share, and park your party of 8 at that table, easy peasy. Same for a table of 10.

Now, if you go to ATD right after they've seated the last table of 8 or 10 (i.e. around 5:52pm), you're just as out of luck as all of the others with <8 who were willing to share, but no more so.