Port time listed on itinerary

MountainMaMa36

Hi,

We are trying to do some excursion planning, but not to sure based on the Itinerary. This is for a Princess Alaskan cruise. It states arrival time 6am and departure time 8:15 pm for Skagway. How do these times affect my 'excursion' time? Is 6 am when they will let us get off the boat? Or are we to plan on at least an hour from the arrival time listed? I would appreciate any answers on how this works. We are wanting to rent a car and do our own thing. But need to plan accordingly. Thanks fellow cruisers for any feedback!

Those are the ship arrival and departure times in port. Once the ship clears customs you can disembark as you please. That usually would be completed within a half hour so you should be able to start disembarking around 6:30. That process could take 15-20 minutes as the passengers make their way through security where your ship cards are scanned, but it is not difficult or time consuming.

Returning most cruise lines require you to be back on board 30 minutes prior to departure. So in your case that would be 7:45. And as you are not going to be on a ship sponsored tour, be certain you are back in time as the ship will not wait for you if you are late.

Those are the ship arrival and departure times in port. Once the ship clears customs you can disembark as you please. That usually would be completed within a half hour so you should be able to start disembarking around 6:30. That process could take 15-20 minutes as the passengers make their way through security where your ship cards are scanned, but it is not difficult or time consuming.

Returning most cruise lines require you to be back on board 30 minutes prior to departure. So in your case that would be 7:45. And as you are not going to be on a ship sponsored tour, be certain you are back in time as the ship will not wait for you if you are late.

There should be no need to clear customs on most Alaska port visits as the ships are either coming from Vancouver where you go through US CBP before boarding or from US ports. .The Seattle round trips that I've seen do their Victoria stop at the end of the cruise.

The exception would be the unusual itineraries that stop in a Canadian port such as Prince Rupert or Nanaimo.

For the ports where we docked on our Alaska cruise (Crystal) we were docked and able to debark at the time on our itinerary. For Ketchican, we tendered and had to wait for an excursion boat to load before we could tender.

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app

There should be no need to clear customs on most Alaska port visits as the ships are either coming from Vancouver where you go through US CBP before boarding or from US ports. .The Seattle round trips that I've seen do their Victoria stop at the end of the cruise.

The exception would be the unusual itineraries that stop in a Canadian port such as Prince Rupert or Nanaimo.

For the ports where we docked on our Alaska cruise (Crystal) we were docked and able to debark at the time on our itinerary. For Ketchican, we tendered and had to wait for an excursion boat to load before we could tender.

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app

Thanks for the clarification It was a general statement which referred to the ship via manifest - not the individual passengers - with customs at ports of call.