The Strangest Thing People Try to Bring on Board

dreadpirate3

A couple who had been living in the UK was moving back to the US ... wanted to bring their furniture back with them on a TA. :rolleyes:

When we were living in the UK, we traveled back on the QE2, and they allowed 2 suitcases in the stateroom, 2 steamer trunks in the "baggage room", and 60-80 cu ft of space in the cargo hold, per person. So we brought back a lot of "furnishings", but no furniture.

Perhaps not exactly the same thing but, for many years (ago) as an apartment renter, I always brought my Speakman shower head with me whenever I moved. As best as I can tell from an occasional look/see at Home Depot, it remains the only one that makes it easy to remove what Speakman refers to as a 'cleaning valve" (a.k.a. "flow restrictor"). Nothing like an old Speakman for instant improvement in real/perceived water pressure (though some Grohe models are OK as well).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The Speakman shower head. I learned about it back in 1998 or so and have installed one in every place I've lived since then. I love the ability to lower the pressure and to remove the filter.