Taking alcohol on board

champagne lover

I have read and re-read all the items about wine, but.....I have one that I haven't seen. We have a port day in Port Canaveral, does that mean the two of us can each get a bottle and bring on board to drink in our cabins? Or is this only from the originating port? From what I've read, I've interpreted that it's ok if you are in a US port, but it will be taken if in a foreign port. Can anyone elaborate on this? Thanks for all the info on CC!

I must be really lucky then because I've had it happen 2 times personally in the last 4 months and so did a lot of the other people that did the wine tour with us! Believe me, I was shockingly surprised too!

Funny thing about this is there is actually an active thread right now on this very topic... The OP there was upset because they took the Carnival sponsored tour and could not believe that he couldn't bring the bottle of wine back to the room when they came back onboard.

The policy is ALL alcohol purchased or acquired in port is to be surrendered upon reboarding the vessel.

It doesn't matter to me one way or the other.... glad you were able to indulge a little. I just want the policy to be clear and followed across the brand. It just makes it harder for the ships who are just trying to adhere to the policy when another ship/person doesn't follow the rules.

I have read and re-read all the items about wine, but.....I have one that I haven't seen. We have a port day in Port Canaveral, does that mean the two of us can each get a bottle and bring on board to drink in our cabins? Or is this only from the originating port? From what I've read, I've interpreted that it's ok if you are in a US port, but it will be taken if in a foreign port. Can anyone elaborate on this? Thanks for all the info on CC!

Embarkation port only (where the cruise starts from). Everything else is a port of call whether it's in the US or not.