Magical Thanksgiving Cruise

fearthegobbler

Great review! I agree with your assessment of the good Dr. E. He was the most entertaining cruise director we've ever sailed with...in 24 cruises!

May I guess, with your screen name, that it's appropriate to say "GO HOKIES!!!" ?;)

In the ones we have been on the Good Rev Dr. E has certainly been the best. At one point during the cruise he had the whole Atrium full of people at each level singing along while playing DJ. It was such a blast and one of the most fun things we been a part of.

And yes you are correct....GO HOKIES!

I was also on this cruise, so I can give a bit of insight. We were formally informed of the change on October 10, so a bit more than a month in advance. The change was due to the damages at the eastern ports from the hurricanes. Most, if not all ports are back open and while there aren't guarantees of no changes at specific ports due to current weather conditions, I wouldn't expect any major changes at this time.

Agree with this, we received an email telling us about the change. Additionally...you should also be able to check the current itinerary within your My Cruise Manager on the website.

Roatan:

As you all know Carnival docks at Mahogany Bay which provides an excellent opportunity for a beach day. Our entire squad would be a group of "beach bums" so this seemed the most appropriate way to spend the day. However, the wife and I had a surprise up our sleeve for the rest of the unsuspecting squad...

During our previous trip to Mahogany Bay we noticed there is a "Grand" Cabana located at the far end of the cabana area. This unit sits elevated relative to all of the rest of the cabanas and appeared to provide space for a larger number of people. After a lot of researching and spending time tracking down the Beach Manager at Mahogany Bay via email prior to the cruise, we booked this large cabana for the entire squad.

Let me say this move proved crucial as it provide a space for us to beat the storm that passed through during mid-morning. After the storm passed we spent the rest of the day floating in the water and enjoying time together. The cabana also provided a space for the wife to get out of the afternoon heat and relax in an air conditioned space. The amenities included:

- AC

- TV which stayed glued to sports all day for us to get periodic updates

- Safe

- A refrigerator full of beer, sodas, and water

- Snacks

- Lounge Chairs - we supplemented the number of chairs with extra from the nearby beach area

- Floats to use in the water

- Johnny the Waiter who is the absolute man and kept us full and refreshed all day once the beer/snack supply was diminished. The moment we asked him to turn the rain off it stopped which was pretty wild!

If you have a larger group I would recommend renting the cabana. Overall Mahogany Bay was a relaxing day for the entire group.

This looks amazing! As soon as I read this I started looking for how to email the beach manager. I found there site, I think, and sent an email asking about the Grand Cabana. Of course it said someone would respond within 48hrs. Unfortunately that was on Monday and I still have not heard back.

I went back to their site and read the FAQ. It states that ALL excursions must be purchased through the cruise ship.

Would it be possible to share who you contacted to reserve this?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...
This looks amazing! As soon as I read this I started looking for how to email the beach manager. I found there site, I think, and sent an email asking about the Grand Cabana. Of course it said someone would respond within 48hrs. Unfortunately that was on Monday and I still have not heard back.

I went back to their site and read the FAQ. It states that ALL excursions must be purchased through the cruise ship.

Would it be possible to share who you contacted to reserve this?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sorry for the delayed reply...I got an email address directly from Carnival for the Beach Manager at Mahogany Bay. It was beachmanager at mahoganybaycc dot com.

Excellent review. Thanks for sharing. It sounds like you enjoyed it and you have yourself a future cruiser in the new baby. The baby years will fly by and you will be back to cruising in no time. My son was cruising at 3 years old so we only took a couple without him.

Sent from my iPad using Forums