Purchase internet/cheers before or after boarding

jcruiser8888

The biggest pro to purchasing Cheers and internet prior to boarding is the discounted price. You also have it already paid for (not added to your S&S bill at the end) and it is good to go when you board. Cons to pre-purchasing? I don't see any. Both are refundable if you cancel your cruise.

I know for sure you will save $5/day pp on Cheers package if you prepurchase. Didnt plan on using Internet but I believe there is a 10% discount if you buy a plan before cruise. When you book your cruise and go on the Carnival site...they will give prepay options

The biggest pro to purchasing Cheers and internet prior to boarding is the discounted price. You also have it already paid for (not added to your S&S bill at the end) and it is good to go when you board. Cons to pre-purchasing? I don't see any. Both are refundable if you cancel your cruise.

Thanks for your answer , If we purchase before do we get our password and drink stamp upon check in ?

only sailed Carnival twice - and have a third booked - Cheers seems to only be discounted if purchased prior to sailing - been watching it for a while and Carnival seems to hold true to pricing compared to say Royal who puts their packages on sale never seen Cheers on sale - so I would think purchasing prior with the discount and having it taken care of before you sail is the best pro - can't think of a con

Bar tender will eventually place Cheers sticker on Card. I think ours was added on Day2. But no worries...You will already be in the system. They must swipe your card and you must sign for every drink. It will show 0,00 with of course the oppty to add an additional gratuity!

Thanks for your answer , If we purchase before do we get our password and drink stamp upon check in ?

The question regarding Cheers was answered (it's in the system, just present your card). The internet is tied to your folio number. Once you log in and put that folio number in, you are good to go. It should show that it was pre-purchased.

on the Carnival page, it lists a cost per day. Does that include boarding/disembarking days as well?

I went ahead and purchased the Bubbles soda package the total cost was $69 or $8.60 per day for the 8 day cruise.I bought the value wi-fi plan it was $82 or $10.25 per day.

Carnival advertises the cost $7.50 per day with a 15% gratuity added on for the soda package and Value package wi-fi for $10.25 with a discount of 15% if purchased before the cruise.

Total for both was $151.00

I went ahead and purchased the Bubbles soda package the total cost was $69 or $8.60 per day for the 8 day cruise.I bought the value wi-fi plan it was $82 or $10.25 per day.

Carnival advertises the cost $7.50 per day with a 15% gratuity added on for the soda package and Value package wi-fi for $10.25 with a discount of 15% if purchased before the cruise.

Total for both was $151.00

There is no pre-purchase discount for BB, so that was the same as on board. The price quoted online for pre-purchase of wifi already reflects the 15% discount, it will be more on board.

generally yes - there are a few ports that do now allow "packaged pricing on drinks" but other than that yes your entire stay on the ship is covered

Really? Do you know which ports allow this now? I am fairly certain RCCL's package is good on CoCo Cay, but I was under the impression that CHEERS! was good ONLY on the ship. If it's now good on Half Moon Cay as well, that's great since I'll be there next September ;)

Really? Do you know which ports allow this now? I am fairly certain RCCL's package is good on CoCo Cay, but I was under the impression that CHEERS! was good ONLY on the ship. If it's now good on Half Moon Cay as well, that's great since I'll be there next September ;)

Cheers package is only good for on the ship. Does NOT work at HMC or PC.

on the Carnival page, it lists a cost per day. Does that include boarding/disembarking days as well?

Cruises out of Galveston do not include Cheers on embarkation day. Something with Texas alcohol laws. So no cheers the first day, drinks are on you. (And you pay Texas alcohol taxes until your in international waters.)

I believe its the same deal sailing out of New York, otherwise most ports Cheers starts immediately.

I meant on the ship - Texas and NY do not allow package sales is my understanding so your drink package doesn't kick in right away - sorry for the misunderstanding