Question on internet connectivity

Rou-Dyliq

I am looking at a repositioning cruise from Italy to Brazil, and am wondering if there is internet connectivity available for the long stretch of sea days between Europe and South America. I have never been on a repositioning cruise on any line so have no idea. Unfortunately for work, I cannot be that long without being able to check in.

I found this

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Manage-Your-Booking/Internet-Packages.aspx

But the limits are pretty low on NCL with speeds around 1MB with 10 days of internet I used 7GB of data according to their page. I would expect the daily limit to be close for any cruise with the max different based on how long the cruise is. That cruise sounds great but airfare back to the US would be too much!

STREAMER: Experience the web in full, including audio calls and video sharing

Full internet access for up to 4 devices, including audio and video streaming, with maximum bandwidth priority. Limit of 340 MB per day / 1.5 GB per cruise**

$29.90 per day / $79.90 per cruise*

Plan in advance so you're ready for when your cruise begins: book your package now and get an exclusive 20% more data on our internet satellite packages by booking before you cruise!

*Price valid for 7-day cruises. The cost of each “per cruise” package depends on the length of the cruise.

**Limits valid for 7-day cruises. The MB of each “per cruise” package depends on the length of the cruise.

Please Note: The prices listed above are for Caribbean cruises. Prices may vary slightly due to itinerary and cruise destination.

On my 3 previous TA cruises we have always had internet all the way across, this was on 3 different cruise lines over 6 years. For the fastest internet look at RCCL or Celbrity they have a dela with O3B and it is fast. Streamed Netflix in the middle of the Atlantic, one small hiccup when they had to change satellites half way across.

I am looking at a repositioning cruise from Italy to Brazil, and am wondering if there is internet connectivity available for the long stretch of sea days between Europe and South America. I have never been on a repositioning cruise on any line so have no idea. Unfortunately for work, I cannot be that long without being able to check in.

Most of the ships are going to satellite systems for connectivity and I've read MSC is going that route as well. Did a transatlantic in 2014 on a different line with their roll out of that. If you can handle your work requirements at off hours you should be able to check in. We were even able to skype chat with video in off hours with reasonable clarity. If you've picked a ship I would ask with the ship's name for people's experiences with internet on that ship.