Carnival Freedom

HWC_Mom

Hey there...we're looking at the Carnival Freedom just after Christmas as an option for a getaway.

The Norwegian Getaway has a similar itinerary but the only time I cruised NCL it was a new ship in Hawaii and it wasn't good. We typically take Celebrity because our travel agent thinks we should only go higher end. But I want a fun ship for my son who is 9.

I've ready the Freedom is older and getting a bit tired...does anyone have any thoughts and also what's the food like? The husband loves good food.

I have two cruises on the Freedom and I LOVE her! Ship is kept very clean and I did not notice that she was old or worn. Of course, if I looked for that I may found something (you can find this on ANY ship that is not brand spanken new!). I also did not have any problems with the food, cold food was cold and hot food hot. I am sure some people can find fault with the food since taste is personal preference. If you do not like an item you can always order another item off the menu. I do not have to clean or cook so it is all good to me! Enjoy!

I have two cruises on the Freedom and I LOVE her! Ship is kept very clean and I did not notice that she was old or worn. Of course, if I looked for that I may found something (you can find this on ANY ship that is not brand spanken new!). I also did not have any problems with the food, cold food was cold and hot food hot. I am sure some people can find fault with the food since taste is personal preference. If you do not like an item you can always order another item off the menu. I do not have to clean or cook so it is all good to me! Enjoy!

I agree with this We love the freedom and all ways found food we liked, in main dining room and buffet.

Awesome thanks.

And I get you on the wear and tear, they are in salty sea are imagine having to maintain those?!?!? And for the record I've been served hot food merely lukewarm on Celebrity so really it's hit or miss and I just happen to like my hot food HOT.

We cruised this past summer on the Freedom and really love the ship. I don't mind the newer, bigger ships but I really like the older, smaller ones. Everything was clean and the staff was great. I would sail on her again in a heartbeat.