sunscreen clothing???

camella

I am planning a Caribbean cruise next week and also (more importantly) a Hawaiian cruise in April. I have seen people on board ships and also at various Florida resorts ( I live in Miami) with long sleeve t-shirt types that are made of something like swimsuit fabric that protects you from the sun. I would love to purchase such a product for myself and my family for next week, and also for my Hawaiian cruise for sure, but I have no idea what they are called or where to get them. Anyone familiar with Sports Authority? Can I get them there? TIA for your help.

I had the opposite once, Two bathing suits you could tan through. I got them at the Outerbanks Outfitters- basically a serious, deep sea fishing store. You might find what you're looking for at a surf shop. See if you can find Wings, Pacific, Atlantic on line. Or just 'ask jeeves.com' for some. Good luck.

The T-shirts that are made of swimsuit fabric are called rash guards. Originally they were to prevent surfers and boogie boarders from getting rashes when their skin rubs on the sand in shallow water. Now they're a fashion statement and being worn by a lot of non-surfing kids and adults at the beach here in So. Cal. My 12 yo DD insists on wearing one over her bathing suit, and I'm just as happy to have her a bit more protected from the sun, especially in the summer when she does a lot of sailing and kayaking.

You can definitely find them at Sports Authority with the bathing suits and wet suits. The selection might be a bit picked over this time of year, but they're probably also on sale.

Archived