Hamony questions

Booked Harmony for July 7, 2018.

We sailed Allure back in 2011 so we are familiar with the overall Oasis class ship.

Can someone please explain the WOW bands used on the Harmony?

Are they instead of a Sea Pass card? If not, what are they each used for around the ship?

I heard something about an app to text for free to each other on the ship?

How early can I book the entertainment & my time dining times for each night? (never had MTD before as we prefer traditional seating, but are on a waitlist for traditional as of now)

For MTD in the main dining room, do you get the same wait staff every night or is more like a restaurant concept?

Thank you in advance for any help.

Not sure of wow bands or mtd but the fam and I were just on Harmony week before Thanksgiving. We were able to text for free with iPhone using iMessage. No internet packages were purchased iether...

Surprised they still have not fixed that bug.

Yup,

Trick was to take phone off airplane mode. Go into settings and disable cell data and enable WiFi! = free iMessages!! Sweet!!

Interesting, so iMessage won't work in Airplane Mode with WiFi on?

Yup,

Trick was to take phone off airplane mode. Go into settings and disable cell data and enable WiFi! = free iMessages!! Sweet!!

If you are out of airplane mode and connected to the ship's tower how do you know the text messages were free? Have you checked your cell phone bill?

We are onboard now with My Time Dining - we were able to have our waiter arrange for us to have the same dining time/table each night. You can go to be dining room when you board to make the reservations and request for same table - be sure to have the stateroom numbers of everyone you want to dine with

Edited by amp0289
typos

Seemed to be the case, my wife wasn’t getting texts until she configured that way

I wonder if something else was going on, and by turning off Airplane Mode, the phone connected to Cellular at Sea, and that's what made the texts come through.

I wonder if something else was going on, and by turning off Airplane Mode, the phone connected to Cellular at Sea, and that's what made the texts come through.

If that is the case, what makes the phone get the texts via WiFi vs. the cell signal?

If that is the case, what makes the phone get the texts via WiFi vs. the cell signal?

I can't explain it. It does not make sense to me that the phone needed to have Airplane Mode turned off, but that's what was reported.

We were on Freedom a few weeks ago & I my ability to text family back home was completely hit or miss.

I would text both of my daughters individually & 1 would get the message & the other would not at times. Weird.

Were you using an internet based texting program, like iMessage or WhatsApp?

Edited by Host Clarea

Just regular SMS texting.

No group text or photos

So you must have had WiFi calling enabled?

I too have trouble with AT&T WiFi calling, even at home. The phone will have been in Airplane Mode on WiFi calling for hours. As soon as I take it out of Airplane Mode, I get some texts.