Oosterdam Aft Balcony cabin

ROBERTEVANOVER

Glad I left it in good shape for you (we debarked from it Dec. 20) !! Great cabin and fantastic views. A couple of years ago we had this exact cabin and held a roll call party on it with over 40 people and it was not crowded.

Only negative that I have found to the aft-wraps is that often the room stewards are not "up to speed" on the Neptune perks and mail (like special invitations, notices, etc). Plus it is a long walk to the Neptune Lounge, so we do not use it as often.

Last week of a 10 month contract for our room steward, Jar. Did a super job. And the Neptune Lounge staff was kind enough to have our newspaper and crossword puzzle delivered to our mail box first thing every morning. Great service - wonderful cruise!

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Last week of a 10 month contract for our room steward, Jar. Did a super job. And the Neptune Lounge staff was kind enough to have our newspaper and crossword puzzle delivered to our mail box first thing every morning. Great service - wonderful cruise!

That is better service than we experienced! We had to get the paper and crosswords for ourselves (tough life I know!).

Did you have a Captain's cocktail party on your cruise (none on our 18 day one)? The Welcome Aboard party the first evening in the Neptune was not well attended, likely due to the fact the we (and others I talked to) did not get the invitation to it until we were at Early dinner and did not see it until after it was over (just one of a number of small things that were off on this cruise. I think the crew was short handed for some reason (I know the Neptune staff told me that they were).

That is better service than we experienced! We had to get the paper and crosswords for ourselves (tough life I know!).

Did you have a Captain's cocktail party on your cruise (none on our 18 day one)? The Welcome Aboard party the first evening in the Neptune was not well attended, likely due to the fact the we (and others I talked to) did not get the invitation to it until we were at Early dinner and did not see it until after it was over (just one of a number of small things that were off on this cruise. I think the crew was short handed for some reason (I know the Neptune staff told me that they were).

The paper delivery went like this - We stopped by the Neptune Lounge the first day to meet the staff. The next morning, we stopped by to ask if they had the newspaper and crosswords there. They remembered who we were and our suite # (amazing how they do that!). Then they said "would you like these delivered each morning?" We were very pleasantly surprised and of course accepted their offer. Very thoughtful.

We were only on the 7 day Mexican cruise - I remember a Mariners welcome back party, which we attended for a bit in the Crows nest. There may have been a Captain's cocktail party and Neptune welcome party, honestly don't remember because we not big on attending many of those events. We are cruising to Hawaii on an 18 day next month. I'll pay more attention, and let you know.

The paper delivery went like this - We stopped by the Neptune Lounge the first day to meet the staff. The next morning, we stopped by to ask if they had the newspaper and crosswords there. They remembered who we were and our suite # (amazing how they do that!). Then they said "would you like these delivered each morning?" We were very pleasantly surprised and of course accepted their offer. Very thoughtful.

We were only on the 7 day Mexican cruise - I remember a Mariners welcome back party, which we attended for a bit in the Crows nest. There may have been a Captain's cocktail party and Neptune welcome party, honestly don't remember because we not big on attending many of those events. We are cruising to Hawaii on an 18 day next month. I'll pay more attention, and let you know.

Thanks. We were on an 18 day to Hawaii in Dec (in 5191). We really enjoyed the cruise except for the 5-6 days coming back, as the ship offered very few activities. Be sure to bring alot of reading (or other) activities to keep yourself busy.

Thanks. We were on an 18 day to Hawaii in Dec (in 5191). We really enjoyed the cruise except for the 5-6 days coming back, as the ship offered very few activities. Be sure to bring alot of reading (or other) activities to keep yourself busy.
Good idea! Jigsaw puzzles and Bananagrams are on our list.