Beach beds on Coco Cay - worth it? far from everything?

First time poster here! I'm taking my first cruise this month with my husband's family and we are doing Majesty of the Seas 3 nights. I am looking at excursions and saw the beach bed and cabana rentals. We are, shall we say, a 'fair' people and aren't really beach bums. I like the idea of knowing I will have a dedicated space to be out of the sun (my four year old too!)

It seems worth it for $149. My question is, is it far from everything? It looks like the furthest point here on this map...

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/images/ports/pages/cococay-2015-map.pdf

I have bad plantar fasciitis right now and am worried about walking too far while pulling my preschooler along. I don't know scale here to know how far it is.

Thank you!

They have a CocoLimo (big golf cart thing) that will take you to/from the tender dock.

The cabanas are close to where the tender docks at Coco Cay.

I think it’s totally worth it for $149. We got one on our last cruise and shared it amongst the three of us. It’s super comfortable and plenty of shade. Plus padded loungers at your cabana also.

You have your own private buffet and bar and bathrooms. The food I would say is just meh at the private cabana area. We ended up walking over to the main area to get other food.

Note: there is no beach to swim at or even walk into at the cabana area. It’s all huge boulders.

The cabanas are close to where the tender docks at Coco Cay.

I think it’s totally worth it for $149. We got one on our last cruise and shared it amongst the three of us. It’s super comfortable and plenty of shade. Plus padded loungers at your cabana also.

You have your own private buffet and bar and bathrooms. The food I would say is just meh at the private cabana area. We ended up walking over to the main area to get other food.

Note: there is no beach to swim at or even walk into at the cabana area. It’s all huge boulders.

Those cabanas have been moved, they are no longer near the tender dock. They are now near the jetski area, with nice sandy access to the beach.

However, I think the OP is asking about Beach Beds, which are something different.

Those cabanas have been moved, they are no longer near the tender dock. They are now near the jetski area, with nice sandy access to the beach.

However, I think the OP is asking about Beach Beds, which are something different.

What? When did they move the cabanas? We were just there in January. I don’t see how they would be able to move them. They are big structures and they have a permanent building adjacent with the private bathrooms.

What? When did they move the cabanas? We were just there in January. I don’t see how they would be able to move them. They are big structures and they have a permanent building adjacent with the private bathrooms.

I don't know when they moved them, but it was before we were there in August. There were no private bathrooms when we were there, but they had a very nice private lunch area.

Ah, just looked at the map. We were in the seaside point cabanas (noted with a 1 on map).

I see on the bottom of the map the new beach beds and the new beach bungalows. Those bungalows are NOT like the pictures I posted above of the cabanas. The beach bungalows are similar but less private than the cabanas. They are not in a dedicated roped off area like the cabanas are but I think they have a private food area still.

• 4 months later...

Did you love it? Is it worth it? Currently the price is $299 for a cabana...

5e176c1ceea092b608b723fb52b5b769.jpg yes, the cabanas have been moved to a private beachfront area, on the other side of the jet ski area. Here is a photo of our cabana, the Saturday after Thanksgiving.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We did love the bed! It was so quiet and away from everything. It also has two loungers, a float, and free lunch brought to you (from a food truck), bathrooms, and chilled bottled waters. I peeked at the cabanas and they were more like couches under a roof. I would pay less and have the bed any day. It was me, my husband, and my 4 year old. We took a golf cart there. The only downside is the rest of our family that was on the cruise wasn't "allowed" to come there. My father in law still managed to walk along the beach all the way to us but it was a trek. So if there is anyone else in your party that does not buy into a bed or cabana, they can't come visit you.